Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by klassylady25 View Post
    I'm still breathing and miss y'all. I should be back to work on pictures after this weekend. Today is my 38th anniversary and 39 years of knowing the man I married. Where does the time go!
    Congrats Candy and husband and thank you for you work. My wife is asking me if you have the pics in a higher resolution. If so send me a PM for my email

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Bill T, you are doing some pretty complex photographs. I have one I'd really like to see colourized. It's a photograph from an outdoor party with Himmler and a few high ranking SS personalities and Gauleiter having cigars and beers.
    After seeing this recent photo of the guys in the vehicle there, I wonder if you'd like to see it.

Really great work you are doing!
    Tempy, please do post your photos, or start a thread of your own. I would like to see some of them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

i'll get right on that as soon as i get my scanner together. i got a completely new computer and decided to relocate my office from one side of the house to the other. it sounded like such a great idea until i actually got started.

as far as the Himmler photograph i mentioned earlier, i dug it out and i think it's far too cluttered to bother Bill with. it would be asking too much of him.

this isn't the photo i was talking about, but you get the idea... i tend to pick up spontaneous and casual shots of people doing things... relaxed... whatever. i collect shots of people either unaware they are being photographed or aware, but uninterested. so, like this one, there's always all this detail and things going on in the background and i don't know if photos like this are suitable for colourization.

i include it as an example only.

this is SS-Obersturmbannfuerher Fortenbacher, Commander SS-Infantry Ersatz Btl., Germania in Holland, by the way. the kid doesn't look like he's sure this is good.
    Last edited by tempelhof; 06-02-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Congrats Candy and husband and thank you for you work. My wife is asking me if you have the pics in a higher resolution. If so send me a PM for my email

Regards, Lars
    I believe I posted them back with the same resolution that you posted them with but I can check. When you scan, scan at 200 DPI and preferebly at 300DPI, so as to ensure the most detail.

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i'll get right on that as soon as i get my scanner together. i got a completely new computer and decided to relocate my office from one side of the house to the other. it sounded like such a great idea until i actually got started.

as far as the Himmler photograph i mentioned earlier, i dug it out and i think it's far too cluttered to bother Bill with. it would be asking too much of him.

this isn't the photo i was talking about, but you get the idea... i tend to pick up spontaneous and casual shots of people doing things... relaxed... whatever. i collect shots of people either unaware they are being photographed or aware, but uninterested. so, like this one, there's always all this detail and things going on in the background and i don't know if photos like this are suitable for colourization.

i include it as an example only.

this is SS-Obersturmbannfuerher Fortenbacher, Commander SS-Infantry Ersatz Btl., Germania in Holland, by the way. the kid doesn't look like he's sure this is good.
    That's a great shot and all the better for being able to identify the Officer , taken in 1940 probably as he is wearing double runic collar tabs !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

This awesome job was done by Bill for me:

He is really a pro in colorizing pictures! Still have some more pictures that I would love to see colorized. Both pictures are taken in Maastricht, the place where I was born. The second picture is a little bit blurry so if it's to hard to colorize I understand.
    Then:

Now:

Then:

Also in the war:

Now:

Nice then and now pics. I like these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

@ Ade, thanks! I searched quickly on the internet for the ''now'' pictures so they don't look very nicely. I just posted them so the colorizing will be a little bit more easier because you can see the colors. But I live 5KM from Maastricht so I will go there and take some good pictures from those places. If there is any interest I will post them here somewhere on the forum?

i really like it as well, Paul E. i'm glad you enjoyed seeing it!

of course you would notice the double tabs! it's the details in this photo that make it great to me. the uniforms accouterments, the awards, and even the expressions on peoples' faces.

Horse and rider.

Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast