Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Article about: an NCO from Panzer Regiment 33 w/ the so called "Legion Condor" wound badge

?

Default Re: Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

Quote by Bill T View Post
    some recent ones.....

- - Updated - -

"Hans" Honcheid
    Great work Bill i have the same signed photo of Ernst August Krag but not in coulour !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you have a special photo you want colorized??
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Paul. Do you remember how I was saying I found a signed copy of Helmut Klemann's portrait that I colorized for sale on Ebay?? Well, I was told that Klemann is actually signing my colorized copies and sending them as fan mail responses. The seller said that he was sent a b/w copy along with the colorized one. Pretty neat, if true.

?

Maybe you should send him one to sign and explain you are the colouriser ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Do you have a special photo you want colorized??Hi Guys , at the risk of starting a debate on this , firstly I am a contributor to some Waffen SS books (photos ) . I am amazed at the number of signed photos on Ebay . The photos are all repros , so what about the signiatures ? Are they also fake ? This has been a growing concern of mine as of late . Paticularly as many of the signiaturies would be deceased ,the rest in their nineties . Don't get me wrong their would be some originals . I talk to authors in Europe who have contact with some ex Waffen SS men . They have never received signed photos . My question , How do the Ebay Sellers contact these men ? Perhaps through their veterans Org (HIAG ) .I may be wrong but unless you were an Author, they would be reluctant to forward addresses as the witchhunt still continues for many veterans, to keep the alive some revenge spurred on by some misguided Reporter. It is my experience that many Waffen SS men
    are most reluctant to talk about their experience even to family members . I lived next door to a German family and only much later as I was friendly with the son did I find out that his Father was in the Division that captured my Uncle Ray in Greece in 1941 . LAH
    only when the Father knew of this did he show any inclination to talk ,then only about his wounding in 1943 . Here is the photo which was in his breast pocket then ,note the bloodstain . Josef gav me his fathers few war fotos as they did not want remember him from war but as a quiet dad who loved his family . Josef senior was again in the LAH in the Normandy campaign as a senior Seargent
    this time severely wounded ,casevacted back Germany ,Migrated 1952 . Deceased 17th May 1998 . A picture of Josef Senior Normandy as well Do you have a special photo you want colorized??

?

Many RKT's and German veterans have been signing photos for many years and are still doing it now , either at meetings or via postal or even e mail contact !! I have over 800 signed photos which were all either obtained by corresponding directly with the veterans or by meeting them in person , sometimes at their homes if i knew them well or at meetings as i am an OdR and Kameradenwerk Korps Steiner member as well as the now defunct Kameradschaft DF.

Many vets especially RKT's have signed thousands of photos over the years and i know guys with much bigger signed photo collections than mine.They usualy have copies of photos of themselves printed quite a few at a time then sign them for distribution , even guys in their 90's are still signing , usually all this is now arranged by younger members of the family or friends !!

It is a complete misconception that Waffen SS Vets won't talk to anyone about there past , that disappeared years ago , most of the one i have contacted or met have been more than happy to talk about their wartime and Waffen SS service with many being glad that someone is interested so my experience and that of many other collectors / historians is very different to yours,

regards

Paul

1st July 1916

?

Hi lancere, thanks for the story behind the photos. You are lucky to have them. I have also donated to many different ww2 books, but have found that alot of time, the authors dont hold up there end of the bargain. (free book/credit/etc)

As Paul said, RKT signature collecting is almost a hobby in itself. Alot of the sellers on Ebay ask the RKTs for numerous copies at a time, who in turn sell for profit. IMO these are the ones who are turning some Vets off from continuing to sign photos. Im sure there are some sellers who would fake the sigs on these copy pics, but it is almost pointless since one can usually obtain them if they just try. I actually just sent my first letter to a Panzer RKT a couple weeks back and am looking forward to a reply.

Here is a photo of some captured Germans during the Battle of Moscow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Last edited by Bill T; 09-28-2012 at 05:58 PM.

?

Stalingrad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??   Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  

Here is a new one that I think would look great colored Bill.
    When you have some time,
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you have a special photo you want colorized??  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Sure thing Ralph! Nice portrait

Nachrichten men - Battle of Moscow

?

Here ya go Ralph!

Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast