Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Early Elite Photo

Article about: by Panzer1031 RedArmy- thats a cool pic!! check out the medic armband on the left huh? neat photo Yea and the medic armband far right lowest group and the Iron Crosses in the middle! By far

Default Re: Early Elite Photo

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I have a question on a photo that i have just received. My first impression was that this man is a polzei officer or SA due to the kepi but could he be a member of the Stahlhelmbund? The uniform has no collar tabs or patches/insignia so it thru me off. Any help would be great. im sorry for the bad pics... so i took a few just in case.
    Definitely not Police, SA or Stahlhelmbund. Actually, I am fairly certain that he is not a German at all; the uniform looks Austrian to me. (Sorry, I know practically nothing about Austrian uniforms and can't be more specific with the ID.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Gew44 View Post
    Good afternoon,
    I would like to show you one of my prefered photo; official group of Waffen-SS Leibstandarte "Adolf Hitler", on centre we see the famous Sepp Dietrich.
    Hope you like it.
    Best regards
    This is one of the most famous photos of the Officers of the LAH which show many of the most highly decorated and well known Officers , is it an original Kriegberichters photo ? Can you show the rear of the photo ?

cheers

Paul
    Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Gew44 View Post
    I think this photo shown awards cerimony in Charkow (URSS). It's a Knight Cross of Iron Cross cerimony, pheraps also a Deutsches Kreuz ?
    Regards
    Your second photo is again from a very famous series of shots from the Das Reich Division showing Tychsen ,Worthmann, Stadler , Zenz Kaiser , Hans Weiss all well known DR Commanders , again can you show the rear of the photo,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I thought that was very familiar. haha. I would love to see the rear of the photos as well. Cool photo, but just most likely not original. good for display tho. I do not like to buy SS photos online, but the very few I have gotten have been alright luckily

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Definitely not Police, SA or Stahlhelmbund. Actually, I am fairly certain that he is not a German at all; the uniform looks Austrian to me. (Sorry, I know practically nothing about Austrian uniforms and can't be more specific with the ID.)
    thanks HPL. I'm not sure if he is Austrian?, but I got it with the other 2 SA photos I acquired, so my best guess was SA. He is indeed wearing a cap w/ swastika/eagle, and like you I do not know much about Austrian forces dress. it is just tough to say he is SA because there are no collar tabs and there is a white undershirt visible under the uniform. Usually most SA will be fully buttoned up uniforms, from what i can gather. maybe some1 else has another opinion?? It is an odd picture, and is not like any other that I own

?

I think I have a guess as to what country this man is representing......does the Finnish Army of ww2 make sense at all? I have recently seen some photos, and the finns in the photos looked pretty similar. again, any input would be great...or any guesses
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3299.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	137792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3301.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	137793  

?

more recent purchases of original photos I obtained. Ill only show the ones I believe are the "good ones". I would love for sum1 to have another guess at the 2 "unidentified soldier" above though. thanks guys ...........enjoy! sorry about the watermarks on the first few, the sellers scans were better than my digital camera pics of the original!

1. Panzer men in berets 2nd youg panzerman 3rd. Russians just captured in a field(germs in backgrnd)
    4. + 5. KO'd French tanks 5. panzerkampfwagen IV 6. french style "tank busters" less intimidating than dragons teeth
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panzerberet.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	137795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panzetabs.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	137796  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruskiessurrndr.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	137800  
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Longinus
    ?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    pics didnt post....my bad. 1st is Keitel and romanian general w/ marchal batons. 2nd Danzig Div. soldat. 3rd Gebirgsjager group photo. 4th Boeing 314

Hello Panzer 1031 - In the first photo you posted it, Romanian General is, in fact, Marshal Antonescu himself.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456