Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Early Elite Photo

Article about: by Panzer1031 RedArmy- thats a cool pic!! check out the medic armband on the left huh? neat photo Yea and the medic armband far right lowest group and the Iron Crosses in the middle! By far

?

Default Early Elite Photo

hello everyone,

I have recently collected a nice grouping of photos to add to my collection. I Wanted this to be a thread for anyone who would like to share there favorite photos...or just photos you might find interesting personally that you would like to share. From talking to various people on this site....I have found that many others enjoy the "photograph" aspect of collecting as much as I do.

One other question I have is... Does anyone have a clue to what this soldier's sleeve patch represents?? I know its not the greatest scan, but you can enlarge it to see it better. Sorry about the watermark...the original scan was better than my personal digital pic download I tried. Any info on this pic would be great! Thank you ahead of time.

Again.. PLEASE SHARE YOUR PHOTOS! I can't wait to see them!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Elite Photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Elite Photo
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early Elite Photo

a few of my favorite pics... I will continue to post my photos if anyone is interested or if anyone would like to share there own.

the last pic is out of place...but i wanted to share anyway. its a Boeing 314 Flying Clipper. It's a "Boat Plane" 1 of 10 made for USN service in WW2. this one is the "California Clipper" as the numbers on the rear left wing panel show. thats the only US photo i will put in this thread.

?

pics didnt post....my bad. 1st is Keitel and romanian general w/ marchal batons. 2nd Danzig Div. soldat. 3rd Gebirgsjager group photo. 4th Boeing 314
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Elite Photo   Early Elite Photo  

Early Elite Photo   Early Elite Photo  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    One other question I have is... Does anyone have a clue to what this soldier's sleeve patch represents?? I know its not the greatest scan, but you can enlarge it to see it better. Sorry about the watermark...the original scan was better than my personal digital pic download I tried. Any info on this pic would be great!
    Nice picture, but this is not actually a soldier:
    He is a member of the Stahlhelmbund, photographed during the transitional period when that organization was in the process of being absorbed into the SA. (Hence the "political" cap eagle and the Swastika armband.)
    The badge on his upper right sleeve identifies his Landesverband; it appears to be the one for Württemberg.
    See here for comparison https://www.weitze.net/detail/13/Sta...rg__88613.html

As of late collecting photos has become my favorite section of militaria. This is a photo postcard from the 6th Bavarian Division dated February 27th, 1915.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Elite Photo  

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Nice picture, but this is not actually a soldier:
    He is a member of the Stahlhelmbund, photographed during the transitional period when that organization was in the process of being absorbed into the SA. (Hence the "political" cap eagle and the Swastika armband.)
    The badge on his upper right sleeve identifies his Landesverband; it appears to be the one for Württemberg.
    See here for comparison https://www.weitze.net/detail/13/Sta...rg__88613.html
    Thanks a bunch!! i thought this was weird...at first i thought he was SA until i saw the Cap. then i was confused. Thanks alot for your insight. I appreciate you identifying the sleeve patch and the link. my guess would be that the photo would be from around 1930-33ish ?? i could be wrong...but that would be my guess as you are stating the absorbtion to the SA. hes a big guy tho, thats for sure. lol I Really appreciate it. This is why i like posting photos too....there is always more to learn from a photo than people may have known!
    Last edited by Bill T; 07-16-2010 at 06:37 PM.

?

RedArmy- thats a cool pic!! check out the medic armband on the left huh? neat photo

?

HPL- i think you are right on about the Wurtemburg landesverband! im looking through my magnifying glass and it seems to be a match! Great observation and knowledge. many thanks

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    my guess would be that the photo would be from around 1930ish ?? i could be wrong...but that would be my guess as you are stating the absorbtion
    Well, since the cap eagle was authorized for the Stahlhelmbund in 1933 and the organization as such (or what was left of it by that time) was disbanded altogether in November 1935, we can definitely place the photograph within that timeframe.

The Stahlhelmbund is not my area of expertise, though, and my reference material on its uniforms and insignia is very limited, so perhaps another better qualified member can make a more precise time estimate.

Anyway, glad I could help with the ID!

?

I agree with you on the time frame as well. After looking at the very little info they give online...it seems as if you are once again correct. In 1934 the stahlhelm were intergrated into the SA and in 1935 as we know...the SA was dissolved. I guess in 1930 the Stahlhelm bund were quite large and had around 500,000 members, which is said to be the largest paramilitary organization of Weimar Germany. I appreciate you telling me about my photo...I learned something new today!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast