Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Estonia and Tallinn 1941 year. Interesting and rare pictures

Article about: Here I want to show some of the pictures, summer 1941 year. Very interesting pictures for me , because it's my town. First picture is destroyed soviet naval coastal battery, probably Suurupi

Default Re: Estonia and Tallinn 1941 year. Interesting and rare pictures

Yes, it is a anti-tank barricade but we meant the pics what were taken in the Tartu Rouad near the Paper Factory. The stone wall is still there despite of the new houses built recently. Paul has pics from the same area and probably taken in the same day - 28-th of August 1941. I walked to the corner of Sakala and Tatari streets in Tallinn yesterday and it is exactly the same place. I will try to make some pics tomorrow.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Estonia and Tallinn 1941 year. Interesting and rare pictures
    P
    Many

?

Even approx 20 years ago I've found a lot of interesting stuff in the right house exact from this picture, which was hidden by the Estonian Destroyer unit ( Worker's battalion), mosty Estonian grenades ( all the Estonian ordinance has been given to them, due they well know it during the service in Estonian army): Mills, "Russian bottles", Lemon's, and Soviet RG-33, and RPG-40's, 50 mm mortar shots...
    Left building is destroyed approx the same period, and I've found there Clement pistol and Arisaka 38 rifle, really lot of stuff was found there around.
    The stone wall you've mean I'am clearly remember in the beginning of the 90's - there was a railway still connect the destroyed Salvo factory with the Paberivabrik, the stone wall and even watertover in the KIA motors area was still there
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

post 53, first picture: inteesting place, most probably somewhere near Poltsamaa, due there is a 2 destroyed KV heavy tanks, looks like a hard battle was there
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Terrain seems to be Northen Estonia or Saaremaa. From the 1-st picture lot: 1-st picture is maybe a cemetary in Nõmme (near Tallinn) old Pärnu Road. But I'm not sure. 6-th picture is somewhere in the beginning of Tartu Road (look at the stone wall, You have same pics in Your collection and the wall is still present). 8-th picture can be a corner of Sakala and Tatari street in Tallinn. 9-th picture is made somewhere near port and railway station in Tallinna and 10-th picture is from Aruküla railway station ( not far from Tallinn).
    I've thought it is the same place, near the Jewish cemetry in the Kiirabi area
    This must be the same anti tank barricade as shown in the picture near the cemtry, but from the other side of the cemetry, somewhere in the Tondi-Hiiu

Arukula is a exact place where I live

And this is a moisa Väo area, soviet positions in the Vana Narva Mantee area
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

This is a interesting picture, you can see the medical pouches on the belt of the German soldier, and the Soviet soldier still ahs a RG 33 attached to his belt

Lieutenant Klier, commander of the group of photo documentalists within a II./I.R.151 of 61 Inf Division, KIA in Oesel/Saaremaa 21 Sept 1941 year

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Yes, it is a anti-tank barricade but we meant the pics what were taken in the Tartu Rouad near the Paper Factory. The stone wall is still there despite of the new houses built recently. Paul has pics from the same area and probably taken in the same day - 28-th of August 1941. I walked to the corner of Sakala and Tatari streets in Tallinn yesterday and it is exactly the same place. I will try to make some pics tomorrow.
    Look forward to the update photos !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This is a interesting picture, you can see the medical pouches on the belt of the German soldier, and the Soviet soldier still ahs a RG 33 attached to his belt

Lieutenant Klier, commander of the group of photo documentalists within a II./I.R.151 of 61 Inf Division, KIA in Oesel/Saaremaa 21 Sept 1941 year

Thanks for the updates Dim and good id on the General !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Hi Dimas , thanks for showing these photographs , do you think the woman captured , shown in one of the photos could have been a sniper ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I made some pics of the Sakala and Tatari streets corner today (-20C today in Tallinn so pretty cold but sunny weather). And I do not belive she is a sniper, just a woman in uniform. Nothing special in 1941, in German these women were called "Flintenweibe" and usually thy were medics or just fanatics from the Communist party youth organization.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonia and Tallinn 1941 year. Interesting and rare pictures   Estonia and Tallinn 1941 year. Interesting and rare pictures  

?

Ok , thanks , i must say she isn`t dressed as such but have read that a lot of female Russians were excellent snipers . Nice pics by the way
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast