Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Fallen for the motherland

Article about: by crazy horse I have to agree with you, even though I was in Iraq in 91, you never forget, sometimes I still wake up to gruesome dreams, but it is part of war. I just try to forget.that nev

Default Re: Fallen for the motherland

In 1992 I was in Croatia for vacation a several time´s.

There´re almost no tourist´s, only "Allied" fighting-planes in the air at day and night, and ...

... some wounded croatian soldier´s in the streets.

I had a small-talk with one of them and he told me, that burned human flesh smell´s like Ćevapčići ...

Here´s a brutal image of a soviet tank-crew.

The German Mountain-Soldiers obviously did not recognice the smell of death ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallen for the motherland  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallen for the motherland
    P
    Many

Sturmtrupp44
    ?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallen for the motherland  

?

The smell of burnt bodies is a sweet sickly odour that clings to your skin and clothing and you never forget it, whereas the smell associated with decaying flesh is putrid to the nose and no matter who you are, you feel nauseous,unfortunately ive experienced both on a number of occassions, and my wife could always tell if ive had to deal with both kinds as well, ive also been unfortunate in that ive had to pick up body parts and you develop a hardness, it is the only way to deal with the realities of violent death,but needless to say it does affect you in other ways, i dare say this was how it was and still is during wartime.

Seen many many times before. Taken almost 100 years ago, but still a poignant
    and graphic reminder of the senseless nature of war.

You can't really have a "favorite" - that may be considered sick,
    but this one has always stuck and haunted me.

Could have been a distant relation.

Or you, or myself, in a past life................

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by davejb View Post
    The smell of burnt bodies is a sweet sickly odour that clings to your skin and clothing and you never forget it, whereas the smell associated with decaying flesh is putrid to the nose and no matter who you are, you feel nauseous,unfortunately ive experienced both on a number of occassions, and my wife could always tell if ive had to deal with both kinds as well, ive also been unfortunate in that ive had to pick up body parts and you develop a hardness, it is the only way to deal with the realities of violent death,but needless to say it does affect you in other ways, i dare say this was how it was and still is during wartime.
    A Veteran of the Balkan-War in the early 90ie´s told me, burned flesh smells like "Cevapcici" ...

Sturmtrupp44
    ?

in the end its not others flesh is flesh

You know , while on my multiple tours in Iraq, I saw things like this up close and personal, and to be honest, these are not images that are good to look at, sure they are a fact of war.

But why would any one want to collect or actually search out pictures like this.

I dont mean to be rude or anything, but when you actually see shit like this in person, its really not that good of a thing to look at.

The pics dont give you the smell, the pics dont show how it really was, pics never show the trueness to what it is.

Sorry, if i offended you, i was not trying to.

Bizare pictures

Not easy viewing

RIP

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast