MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Fallen for the motherland

Article about: by crazy horse I have to agree with you, even though I was in Iraq in 91, you never forget, sometimes I still wake up to gruesome dreams, but it is part of war. I just try to forget.that nev

Default Re: Fallen for the motherland

We must remember that pictures of this nature are usually taken by press photographers
    who generally want to record the truth. Not all of this type of photography was shot by
    newsmen or reporters, however, but they remain images of a brutal past.

I also remember many newspaper photos from Vietnam as a kid. All I could think of is:
    'how can anyone do this to another human being ?'

Simply the reality of war that we are viewing, is all.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallen for the motherland
    P
    Many

I personally will never own, or purchase these types of photographs, to me it is very disrespectful the the fallen soldiers.

I came across some idiot while i was stationed at Benning, and that's all he collected was these types of pics, a real sick bastard.

He ended up getting a full psych out, I was told by his 1st Sgt. that they guy was obsessed with these, and was selling pics of dead Iraqi soldiers he had taken while he was in Iraq.

I see no reason to own or posses these, maybe as a teaching tool for future generations, and that's it.

If i would have been killed in Iraq, i would not want pics of me with my head blown off in some collectors hands right, would you ?

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I personally will never own, or purchase these types of photographs, to me it is very disrespectful the the fallen soldiers.

I came across some idiot while i was stationed at Benning, and that's all he collected was these types of pics, a real sick bastard.

He ended up getting a full psych out, I was told by his 1st Sgt. that they guy was obsessed with these, and was selling pics of dead Iraqi soldiers he had taken while he was in Iraq.

I see no reason to own or posses these, maybe as a teaching tool for future generations, and that's it.

If i would have been killed in Iraq, i would not want pics of me with my head blown off in some collectors hands right, would you ?

Brian
    Have to agree with you Brian.

I do not collect such images, only the WWI German soldier. Just happened to be
    a shot I remembered seeing in a book about WWI as a kid.
    It is a haunting image........

I too think it kind of sick for someone to 'like' photos of this type particularly,
    and would want to collect them.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    If i would have been killed in Iraq, i would not want pics of me with my head blown off in some collectors hands right, would you?
    I agree too, thats the last thing I would want if the worst happens to me. Images like these belong in museums, and kept there, not to be passed around between various collectors over a long period of time. To some these pictures show the human element to warfare, but to me these really arent needed to make me think differently, every relic helmet thats been dug up has had someone wearing it at one point. In most cases what happened to the owner cannot be found out, but theres always the possibility that owner was killed or wounded, both pysically and mentally.

Thanks and its been very interesting and thought provoking reading this thread.

Danny

Thanks

Danny

I have to agree with you also Brian, I would not want my picture swapped around like a base ball card. I have 2 pic's, one is some German graves, with one of the guy's friend, he is just looking , like he is lost, I can understand, then I have a U.S. G.I. who is doing the same thing looking at some American graves, looking lost also, kind of shows a little on each side, I don't have one of a British soldier, but, I don't really seek out pic's like that either. in 91 some idiots were posing for pic's & taking everything out of dead Iraqi soldiers pocket's , I told them they were sick & walked away. I wanted no part of it. but you also see some gruesome pictures from everyday life, car wrecks, etc, it amazes me how sick & cruel some people are.

regards Marty

sad but true crazy i think once you actually witness the mess upclose you really want no part of it i think the issue here is the conflict between whats respectful and what isnt conected to learning from historys horrors and coupled to personal opinions i reepect everyones opinions as i said before and i think the general concensus has been that not many of us actually like it

?

Again I agree with Brian. These pictures dont teach us anything about history. We all know what war is without looking at fallen Soldiers. And if you dont know or want to find out, stop being a little girl and join combat arms ie Infantry, Tankers, Scouts and then you will know! And knowing is half the battle!

vielen danke leej11

Exactly, I have lost buddies in combat, and if i ever heard or saw pics of them like some of the ones posted here, It would not be a pleasant experience for the photograph holder/owner.

The pics of the flag covered caskets on the airplane we see, piss' me off, and if i ever saw pics of my buddies torn up, , i would rip that person a new ass.

How would you like to see a pic of your wife or children on TV that was killed in an automobile accident, head laying in the ditch, arm on the side of the road, or your wife tore in half.

Would not be nice, or pleasurable for you, would it.

Brian
    Brian

?

I know it was hard for my dad to see his freinds drug through the streets in Somalia! When those clowns broadcasted it on tv! I was 10yrs old and I remember him telling me to get the f__k out of the living room! I joined the Army to slauder the enemy yes but not to humiliate them! I just want to get my hands on those faggot NG MPs at Abu Grab! They have no idea how many Soldiers were killed because of them and probably dont care because their not fighting the war! I hate em!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast