Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

Article about: I like that photo on the top there Jerry. Looks like 2 of them wear Flak badges and Afrika CT's. And please, feel free to add the others here so we can keep the different photo subjects orga

Default Re: Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

Here is portrait of Adam Heinrich also training and on the Russian Front
    Lancere (Mike)Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*
    P
    Many

More photos from the album ......Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

Photo of Willy Forst who served in numerous Luftwaffe units from 1936, including JG-134, JG-26 & JG-27 before being transferred into the Luftwaffe Feld Divisions and served with LW-Jäger-Rgt 44 and Div.Füs.Btl 24 (L) before being killed in action on 14th September 1944.

And here are a couple of photos of Ludwig Wolf who served in Fallschirm.Pz.Art.Rgt HG & Fallschirm.Pz.Gren.Rgt 1. The wartime photo is from his Soldbuch and the other two show him in post-war service.
    Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS* Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

?

Quote by Lancere View Post
    More photos from the album ......Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*
    Really like the Stug photo
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Awesome photos guys! Hucks, love the portrait of Forst in his Luftwaffe Jager tunic & Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Do you happen to have the Soldbuch of Willy Forst as well?? It's interesting that he was part of a Luftwaffe Fusilier Battalion too. The Army organized them when they took control over the LwFD's for improvement. A dangerous job.

And you guys are definitely right about Lance's photos being A.G. Nord, my bad. Would love to see more of those pics Lance, to try and gain more info.
    For the heck of it, I know there were 4 LwFD's that operated in the Army Group North Sector in 42-43.

Here is a new Fallschirmjager portrait, taken in Italy.
    *Edit - It is on Italian photo paper....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  
    Last edited by Bill T; 07-10-2013 at 10:18 PM.

?

HG Feldwebel w/ Erdkampfabzeichen
    (white tabs with red border) - Flak
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  
    Last edited by Bill T; 07-08-2013 at 11:07 PM.

?

Luftwaffe ground troops w/ various camo equipment and helmet straps/etc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*   Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*   Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*  

Quote by Bill T View Post
    .... Hucks, love the portrait of Forst in his Luftwaffe Jager tunic & Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Do you happen to have the Soldbuch of Willy Forst as well??...
    I have his Wehrpass which is a Zweitschrift issue from November 1942.
    Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS* Fallschirmjäger, HG, & LW Ground Forces Photos *SHARE YOURS*

?

oooo excellent Hucks! A nice and hard to find wehrpass.
    Sorry to be a pain, but can I ask when his IAB was awarded if possible? Was he awarded the Erdkampfabzeichen later on by chance?? According to the book I'm currently reading, the LW ground personnel had to "turn in" their IABs when the LGAB went into production in early 42'. Of course, this wasn't a rule that was followed too strictly I'm sure. But I am still interested to see when Willy was awarded his if you don't mind..... Thank you!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast