Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

First days of operation "Barbarossa", German tanks Pz1-2-3

Article about: I'd also like to know the meanings of those crosses. As I stated in a previous post, I tend to go with crew KIA's. Perhaps ADE could shed some light on this.

Default Re: First days of operation "Barbarossa", German tanks Pz1-2-3

I'd also like to know the meanings of those crosses. As I stated in a previous post, I tend to go with crew KIA's. Perhaps ADE could shed some light on this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First days of operation "Barbarossa", German tanks Pz1-2-3
    P
    Many

I am as much at a loss to explain the meaning of the Crosses as you guys. Certainly an interesting photo.

Cheers, Ade.

Chriso14
    ?

Well mate I was with B Sqn 1st Armoured Regt before we finally paid the Centurion off in 1977 {after a massive Battle Run to use all those 20 pounder rounds off},
    I then re trained onto Leopards in Mid 77 and drove "Besieger" the Dozer tank in B Sqn, {canot remember my Troop, but the Troop Commnader was a 1 pip Lt Langbean.

I was then asked to go to Op Support Sqn as the CO, Niner, wanted a new driver, the 2 previous had pranged his 'wagon called OBLIDERATE ' too many times. I was lucky as track klm's were hard to get due to costings, but in his Panzer we had drives every second day at Puckapunyal,
    I still have many photos, must find a way to upload, but then this is a WW11 Site.
    He was Lt Col John Grey, later Lt Gen John Grey and Chief of Staff.
    A wonderful chap to drive for. What I hated about RHQ Troop was doing bloody stints in the Commad/Sigs bucket, all those codes and crap.
    I loved my time in Armour and was able to when in the SAS Regt I was able to get to drive every NATO and Sov Bloc tank, APC etc, I ,oved the 1st of the Leopard 2 MBT's and the Marder, these guys the Germans really know how to build Armour mate,
    how about you, Tanks or Cav mate?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First days of operation "Barbarossa", German tanks Pz1-2-3  

bigkev
    ?

1 Troop A Sqn 88-92, then Armoured Centre for a bit after that. I was on the Leopards, although I did my 113 D&S when I was at the Centre. Loved the Leopards, got a roll around in a Cent a little, just moving it around here and there, Big Bopper (Pete Brannigan) gave me a crash course on them so that this could be achieved, we even thought about using one for playing enemy for the ROBC courses, but it never got off the ground. I also played CO's driver for a while, when I made LCpl. Got to drive LtCol Gordon Jones around (hence the 113 D&S course), one of the best periods of my career...and I thought I would hate it. Loved my time in the RAAC, wish I could go back there most days.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Meet Azmodeus (my old wagon)

Chriso14
    ?

Hey Bigkev A Sqn eh, ya bugger .
    Yeah I had the best time at the Regt, when I think of the damage done to myself after near on 20 years at the SASR, I look back fondly at the Centre and the Regt,
    I did my APC Driver/Sig/Crewman in the midst of Cent and Leopard changeover.
    I remember Pete Brannigan too, that name certainly rings a bell, I must join the Assoc ya know!
    Nice pic of your battle wagon, and I remember the origional Asmodeus as a Cent mate :-}
    In 88.89 I was a Cpl in Perth after a stint at the Parachute Training School, fun time but boy do you lose your voice there yelling at students {School Rules} . Are you in the Association mate?
    Now check this pic, dirty smiling and farting , and smellling of cordite in the water Cent fun, I was loader
    stay in touch mate.
    the other pic {old 110 camera shot} is me driving the CO's tank, Cambrai day 1978
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First days of operation "Barbarossa", German tanks Pz1-2-3  

Chriso14
    ?

BigKev here is the Cent pic that should have uploaded in the last reply :-}

bigkev
    ?

I am going to PM you, that way I can stop the ongoing hijack of the OP.

Chriso14
    ?

Roger the PM mate , try this as well
    greyman23@optusnet.com.au

the crosses are for killed crew members..if you look closely you can see all the tanks are missing there treds..probably a tank bone yard for shipment back to the fatherland for refurbishment,refitting and new crews.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2