Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Found some concentration camp photos

Article about: My father who served in the US army in WW II recently passed away. In his things I found an envelope marked Wiemar 1944, Consecration (sic) Camp. In it were several pictures of him in unifor

jlww2
    ?

Question Found some concentration camp photos

My father who served in the US army in WW II recently passed away. In his things I found an envelope marked Wiemar 1944, Consecration (sic) Camp. In it were several pictures of him in uniform, etc, but it also had several original pictures of a concentration camp. Large piles of stacked emaciated bodies, the ovens, what appear to be gallows, etc. I believe it was Buchenwald because of the Weimar reference. I would think that they have historical value if nothing else. I am a complete novice in WWII memorabilia and my first thought was to contact the local holocaust museum to ask about them. I see there is a thread on preservation of collectables, but I assume the museum could guide me about that. Do they have any monetary value? Any comments or gudance appreciated.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Found some concentration camp photos

Hi and welcome to the forum!

These photos do have a monetary collectors value, and if un-published before, this will be higher than those which were produced in quantity at the time for soldiers to buy. Try a search online for images of the camps and see if you can find them.

The main thing is to keep them in an acid free paper envelope or card box. This is what museums use.

Cheers, Ade.

jlww2
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

These photos do have a monetary collectors value, and if un-published before, this will be higher than those which were produced in quantity at the time for soldiers to buy. Try a search online for images of the camps and see if you can find them.

The main thing is to keep them in an acid free paper envelope or card box. This is what museums use.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the info. These don't look like mass produced photos. Differnt sizes, not professional looking at all. I'll try searching. The holocaust museum is closed for Rosh Hashanah. Will talk to them next week.

Sounds promising.

I forgot to add my condolences for your sad loss in my original post.

Cheers, Ade.