MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German infantryman photos

Article about: Picked these up t at local book fair, all appear to be the same man, think he is wearing an infantry assault badge and black wound badge ? the larger pic looks to be when he was awarded an i

jwp
    ?

Default German infantryman photos

Picked these up at a local book fair, all appear to be the same man, think he is wearing an infantry assault badge and black wound badge ? the larger pic looks to be when he was awarded an iron cross, looks like some numerals on his shoulder tabs too.
    regards, John.

German infantryman photosGerman infantryman photosGerman infantryman photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German infantryman photos
    P
    Many

The third photo shows him wearing his Iron Cross 2nd class - most likely on the day of award or shortly after. It could be worn with ribbon in the second buttonhole when awarded (Verliehen bekommen) and then as a ribbon or ribbon bar thereafter. His rank is Gefreiter and judging by the uniform and Gamaschen this is a later war photo - maybe late '43 to mid '44. Photo three pre-dates the first two. NH

Tantalising to try and read the shop signs in the background and try to fathom out where the pictures were taken! Or is that just me?

Pretty neat. First 2 pics show him wearing an M43 tunic....last pic looks like an M40 tunic before he received his IAB

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=BlackCat1982;1796254]Tantalising to try and read the shop signs in the background QUOTE]

'Casual Footwear - Paul Schulz(e?)' is one, but no indication as to where it is.....

jwp
    ?

many thanks all for the additional info, would be interesting to find the location !,
    regards, John.

Hard to guess a location simply by the shoe store. But maybe someone here can locate it. Any writing on the back of these photos? Third photo does seem to have numerals - maybe 224? NH

MAP
    ?

Nice photos!

Casual footwear...I have images of sandals with socks in my head....LoL

3rd photo is odd. Looks like it has been touched up. Probably by the studio. But there are parts of him missing. Below his elbow (above what appears to be a empty frog) and also part of his boot.

Possible it was cut out and added to a new background?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    'Casual Footwear - Paul Schulz [/I] is one, but no indication as to where it is.....
    Yes, and the other is Neumann Radio, which is a national brand and so had outlets everywhere. Frustrating isn't it!

jwp
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Hard to guess a location simply by the shoe store. But maybe someone here can locate it. Any writing on the back of these photos? Third photo does seem to have numerals - maybe 224? NH
    the photos look to have been glued in an album so difficult to see, the one where he is holding his cap has a split postcard back with the word Voigtlander (camera maker ??) printed on, the iron cross one has some faint printing : Fotgrafie copyright by DECX ?? Ulandstrasse ? 11 Berlin.
    John.