Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German v1 rocket pic

Article about: by davejb might sound nice Eric,to us that is but if my old mum was still here she would tell you differant, she hated the things but she always said you were safe until you heard the engine

Default Re: German v1 rocket pic

Quote by davejb View Post
    might sound nice Eric,to us that is but if my old mum was still here she would tell you differant, she hated the things but she always said you were safe until you heard the engine stop,
    I can see that Dave and understand but I have had a chance to play with some scale models of the pulse jets and it has a different meaning to me, not that I like the sound of death but such a simple item that could be made in your garage.
    I can only imagine the terror of this sound overhead.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German v1 rocket pic
    P
    Many

?

some yrs ago i was in the Aylesbury countryside which is a fair few miles from London and can be pretty remote and secluded , i heard a sound which made look up and there hurtling across the sky at a very high altitude was a contrail made up of small broken wisps , the sound was dfinately a pulse engine, but the most impressive thing was its speed and the sensation of vibration on your body , there were about 20 of us who saw it and one guy , who was an RAF fitter simply said Aurora, ihave no idea if it was or even it exists but t was damn convinced it was something out of the ordinary

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I believe the one first posted is a reprint of an enlargement.
    Nice pic.........
    I would tend to agree. Possibly a little bit of doctoring on the contrast too, in an attempt to produce a more sinister image.

?

You may be right but IMO it is a genuine photo, it has been in my attic for years among other family photos and looks to be printed on period paper or card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2