Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German wartime photos

Article about: I recently found these 3 photos , 2 with text on the back. It seems to me these are from Wehrmacht soldiers. Can someone help me to get some more information about these photo's? Thanks

Dutchesh
    ?

Question German wartime photos

I recently found these 3 photos , 2 with text on the back.

It seems to me these are from Wehrmacht soldiers. Can someone help me to get some more information about these photo's?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German wartime photos   German wartime photos  

German wartime photos   German wartime photos  

Attached Images Attached Images German wartime photos  German wartime photos 

2. # ADS

Default Re: German wartime photos

The top one states ' on the march to Poland on the 14 Juli 1941 by (??town name??) the rest I can't make out.

The second states Lunch break at (town/place name?) and then I believe lists by name the soldiers in veiw.

Maybe HPL2008 can decipher the top dedication further?

Regards

Jock

Dutchesh
    ?

thanks for helping out.
    it seems i was given the right reading of the text from a German forum already

The one you describe as lunch break with names is just that.
    The other one is more interesting:

"Auf dem Marsch nach Polen!
    Am 14. Juli 1941 bei Zwiahel Rzadkowka wurde OGefr. Karl Euler schwer verletzt und starb am selben Tage auf Hauptverbandsplatz Zwiahel."
    (english translation: On the march to Poland. On the 14th of July close to Zwiahel Rzadkowka was OberGefreiter Karl Euler hurt very much and he died the same day in the Main Hospital in Zwiahel"

another person gave me this information about his grave:

Zum Gedenken
    J1478906
    Nachname: Euler
    Vorname: Karl
    Dienstgrad: Obergefreiter
    Geburtsdatum: 02.07.1916
    Geburtsort: Marköbel
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 14.07.1941
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Rzadkowka

Karl Euler wurde noch nicht auf einen vom Volksbund errichteten Soldatenfriedhof überführt oder konnte im Rahmen unserer Umbettungsarbeiten nicht geborgen werden. Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen befindet sich sein Grab derzeit noch an folgendem Ort:

Nowograd - Ukraine

Free Translation: Karl Euler's grave has never been fully found, all they know is that his grave is suppose to be found in Nowograd - Ukraine.
    =========================

So much for the known information. Can someone help me with finding information about the uniforms? I think they are all Wehrmacht.

I see that now, glad you got it decyphered, it can be hard work but it is a snippet of history preserved.

Ref uniform, they are German Army, not infantry as the shoulder boards white piping would be visible. It is also not a dark piping as that would also be visible but sharp enough to be injured and die? Artillery, Signals, Logistics or perhaps you can find the unit of the fallen soldier and that will answer all your questions?

Jock