Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Article about: by Paul E We have discussed these photos a number of times on the forum as they have been circulating from the Ukraine for about 10 years, they are always sexy photos , Personalities , SS ,

?

Default QUESTION: WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Here are some nice pics I recently picked up. The Hitler ones were a little pricey but definitely worth it! I have some questions about the two dead German soldiers photo...what insignia is that on their collars?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!   Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!  

Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!   Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!  

Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!  
    Last edited by Dean; 02-05-2011 at 10:59 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!
    P
    Many

Default Re: QUESTION: WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    I have some questions about the two dead German soldiers photo...what insignia is that on their collars?
    The fallen man on the left was a Kompanieführer [Company Commander] of the Volkssturm. Officially, Volkssturm personnel should not have worn the Army breast eagle, but this was often ignored and is evident in many period photographs.

The other dead man appears to wear triangular collar patches with some kind of badge or insigne on them; they don't look German to me, but I cannot positively identify them.

Anyway, it would be appropriate to include a "graphic content" warning in the thread's title.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 02-05-2011 at 04:44 PM.

?

Default Re: QUESTION: WWII Photos!!LOOK!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The fallen man on the left was a Kompanieführer [Company Commander] of the Volkssturm. Officially, Volkssturm personnel should not have worn the Army breast eagle, but this was often ignored and is evident in many period photographs.

The other dead man appears to wear triangular collar patches with some kind of badge or insigne on them; they don't look German to me, but I cannot positively identify them.

Anyway, it would be appropriate to include a "graphic content" warning in the thread's title.
    Thank you very much for the info. It helps out a lot! The second fellow you mentioned's insignia appears to be a circle with la tower inside..almost like a veteran style, IMO. I will take your advice on the "graphic content" warning too, I don't want to offend anyone here.
    ~Dean

?

Default Re: Great WWII Photos!!LOOK!

at least pictures with dead soldiers says- April 1945
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    at least pictures with dead soldiers says- April 1945
    Yeah, its actually a photo attached to an envelope containing the original negative.

?

Very interesting thread...thanks for posting
    Regards, Edwin

?

Interesting photos Dean , the DKiG Winner looks familar i'll try and find out who it is.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Great photos. Love the TK Hauptsturmfuhrer photo. Do you mind showing a reverse pic of the DKIG winner photo and the KC photo whenever you have a chance? You have some nice photos, thanks for sharing.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Interesting photos Dean , the DKiG Winner looks familar i'll try and find out who it is.
    Thanks a lot, Paul, I would very much appreciate that! I'll get the photos reverse on here asap.
    ~Dean

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Great photos. Love the TK Hauptsturmfuhrer photo. Do you mind showing a reverse pic of the DKIG winner photo and the KC photo whenever you have a chance? You have some nice photos, thanks for sharing.
    It's nearly three in the morning here in the states but i'll get on that when I get up tomorrow . Thanks for the compliments and it means a lot coming from you, the guy who has a ton of awesome photos! I'm a big fan of your recent photo thread. By the way, you wanted to see the reverse of the KC? Sorry for sounding like a novice but what does that stand for?
    ~Dean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast