Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HELP identifying 1933 PHOTO...what is he?

Article about: by Panzer1031 ya thats cool that u spotted it! how was the show? did u end up getting anything....or was everything high priced? there is one coming up where i live next month....we only hav

?

Default HELP identifying 1933 PHOTO...what is he?

Hello everyone, this site is great. I just found it. I collect all sorts of ww2 originals. I have had a couple questions about some things in my collection and this site has helped me out.

OK....I have these 2 photos from 1933. When i bought them, the owner said that the man in the photo was in a division of the (XA). yup u heard me (X)A! To me it looks like he is in the SA since ive never heard of the XA. was this guy mistaken or am I in the wrong here? Its a cool photo thats dated August 1933 and about one year later the purge of SA members was carried out by Hitler in the Night of the Long Knives. Can anyone give me anymore detail on this photo....also this guy looks to be a higher ranking member in the SA, maybe an officer??? he has a medal in the top picture? Thank you for your help! any input would be GREATLY appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP identifying 1933  PHOTO...what is he?   HELP identifying 1933  PHOTO...what is he?  

HELP identifying 1933  PHOTO...what is he?   HELP identifying 1933  PHOTO...what is he?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP identifying 1933  PHOTO...what is he?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: HELP identifying 1933 PHOTO...what is he?

im sorry if the pictures arent that great....i had to use the flash on my camera for them to show up halfway decent. And please excuse the DJ pic on the right

I think he is a member of the NSKK. Note the black breeches and the diamond shaped badge on the arm. But the collar tabs are not black, which is a problem?? Political items aren not really my field.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks ADE youve been a great help in my research of these items i am questionable on. (my ike jackets etc) thanks again.

plus you might be right about the Nskk. at the time this photo was taken, the nskk was still part of the SA. This was a step in the right direction i think!

?

Upon looking at it closely under magnifying glass......the medal he is wearing in the first picture on his left breast pocket appears to be either a soldier wearing a German style helmet, or just a German style helmet by itself. Could this be a Wounded soldier pin or medal?? The collar tabs are a brown color like the shirt. Also, i know the SA wore little tie pins just like the one he is wearing on his tie, so i dunno if that makes it easier to identify him or not. Please feel free to post something whether you think he is SA or NSKK?? thanks everyone

The badge on his pocket is a 'Thank you' badge from city or state for WWI service.
    I have seen a similar octagonal medal with this helmeted soldiers likeness,
    but I can't remember which state it is from offhand.

I 'll post a photo and more info on it when I can...............
    Regards,

Steve.

?

THANKS A TON walkwolf! that would be awesome if you could post a pic of it if you ever had the chance! I would be very greatful! i have never seen such a badge.... ive searched all sorts of honor and wound badges and cannot match it. thanks alot!

other people i have asked about this photo have suggested he was RAD. But i dont think that is correct because RAD had full black collars and much different caps/hats/helmets. Although they did have the swastika armband like he does.

Hi,

Just want to identify the code that Germans and others now use to sell items via ebay to avoid them being booted off.

XA = SA
    XX = SS

This is why you had never heard of the XA before.

The badge on his tie, is just a regular party badge as would be expected on any type of political uniform like this one.

Hope thats of help

Quote by Alan Goodyear View Post
    Hi,

Just want to identify the code that Germans and others now use to sell items via ebay to avoid them being booted off.

XA = SA
    XX = SS

This is why you had never heard of the XA before.

The badge on his tie, is just a regular party badge as would be expected on any type of political uniform like this one.

Hope thats of help
    This makes sense to me about the SA mix-up with the chap in the photo.

I was going to suggest the seller had simply heard it as 'XA'
    to begin with - like saying 'Doverman Pitcher' instead of
    (correctly): Doberman Pinscher, etc.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

hahaha alright.....to be honest, that had crossed my mind. Thank you very much guys!! this clears up alot! i appreciate it.....it was bought off an auction site....(not ebay but similar). So that makes sense!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast