Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying picture markings...

Article about: I've got several of these pics which I assume are propoganda photos from military photographers, I was trying to figure out if they are post-war or wartime and who issued them. The tag on th

?

Default Help identifying picture markings...

I've got several of these pics which I assume are propoganda photos from military photographers, I was trying to figure out if they are post-war or wartime and who issued them. The tag on the back, in my rusty German, just looks like a general description about the picture and date, but I wasn't sure about the two stampings. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying picture markings...   Help identifying picture markings...  

Help identifying picture markings...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying picture markings...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help identifying picture markings...

Nick: If your asking about the rubber stamps on the back of the photos, they are simply the copyright holder's impression claiming ownership. One is for Atlantic Press Photo Service and the other is for an Austrian company, Wien-Bild. They are wartime photos, one of which is dated 1943. Dwight

?

Default Re: Help identifying picture markings...

Thanks Dwight, appreciate the translation. I figured that's what the stamps probably were but wanted to confirm. Glad to know they looked wartime rather than later postwar prints, I bought them with a group of miscellaneous photos.

nick