Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

help IDing this RKT please.

Article about: What makes me smile is that I was on the verge of blowing off the foto signed by Kiefer/Kiwe, as a joke! Now I find out he was not only a RKT, but an actor, as well! Thanks history-buff for

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: help IDing this RKT please.

What makes me smile is that I was on the verge of blowing off the foto signed by Kiefer/Kiwe, as a joke! Now I find out he was not only a RKT, but an actor, as well! Thanks history-buff for filling me in on Kiefer/Kiwe! As to Sepp, no, I have not read his book.

2. # ADS

Hi Odessa,

Paul E is right about Kiefer/ Til Kive/ Tilman Kiwe, after the war he became an actor in many German films and T.V plays. His most famous English speaking films were The Longest Day where he played Rommels adjutant Capt. Helmuth Lang (But was uncredited), The Great Escape, where he played 'Frick' and the Odessa File, where he was the medal shop owner. He also had a part in the movie Hannibal Brooks.

Kiefer/ Kiwe was born in Aachen in 1915. He died in Munich 30 Nov. 1995.

Regards Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images help IDing this RKT please.  help IDing this RKT please. 

Very interesting thread guys!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very surreal that the guy playing the parts in these film was actually a real life war hero and Ritterkreuztrager !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Very surreal that the guy playing the parts in these film was actually a real life war hero and Ritterkreuztrager !!!
    Did you notice the neck on this guy? I'll bet he was a tough SOB besides being a handsome War Hero, and RKT, and well-known Actor. I'll bet he had his share of women !

?

Yes a hit with the Frauleins especially wearing his throatache
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Well Guys,

Between all of us, I think we've put that one to bed!! Amazing when you think, looking at the first thread, how through combined knowledge and research a facinating small story and conclusion can be reached. Ain't it great here!!!!

Happy as Larry, Ned.

This is a great thread! Also my hat is off to all of you with your hard and dedicated research. Unbelievable story.

Thumbs up Re: help IDing this RKT please.

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    What makes me smile is that I was on the verge of blowing off the foto signed by Kiefer/Kiwe, as a joke! Now I find out he was not only a RKT, but an actor, as well! Thanks history-buff for filling me in on Kiefer/Kiwe! As to Sepp, no, I have not read his book.
    I'm glad you didn't get rid of his photo. It's what's called a "Cross-collectable" meaning it's worth much more than your average RKT signed photo because it is combine with movie collectables. Til Kiwi is as Audie Leon Murphy is to American movies.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4