Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Help Name That GENERAL thread

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jay, I think you are right. Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring? Cheers, Ade. Agreed,Ade. Good 'ole "smiling Albert&quo

Default Re: Help Name That GENERAL thread

It says...:

"Unser Div. Komm. [= Divisionskommandeur]
    Generalleutn. [= Generalleutnant]
    Auleb"

...meaning:

"Our Divisional Commander
    Generalleutnant
    Auleb
    "

Please see:
    Helge Auleb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    General der Infanterie Helge Auleb (German language)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Name That GENERAL thread
    P
    Many

?

HPL......you are the man! As always, your knowledge is much appreciated. Thanks for the link too, it is everything I need to know for now. I'm guessing it would put the photo before 1941 since he is not wearing his DKIG.

p.s.- keep an eye out for a new thread I am going to start....I might need some help on some stahlhelmbund/sa/nskk photos. I know youre good at pointing out the details that I frequnetly overlook. haha thanks again

?

I wonder why General Auleb wasnt awarded the Krim Shield? He was commander of 6th Infantry Division in Crimea. He was also commander of 49th Gebrigs Armee-korps too. Although he was awarded the DKIG, Im also suprised he wasnt awarded the Knights Cross.

Otto Tiemann along with his signature Otto Tiemann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help Name That GENERAL thread 

?

very nice justin, i like the winter uni. the boots hes wearing look like those luftwaffe heated Pilots boots

No quick get away in those Boots ! Now in normal uniform.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help Name That GENERAL thread 

?

Very Nice! what does it say on front?

Bill .T, the General in post 2, my guess is Generalleutnant Utz, the guy built like him has similar awards to. what you think?

2nd Gebirgsjäger division

Willibald Utz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    History - *2nd Gebirgsjager (Picture of him)

?

Well, You know what.....I think you might have solved this one for me!!!! I have a good feeling about this one. Thank you VERY much for the help and time. I really think it has a chance. I just need to do a little reseach to see if it matches up, but again, I think you nailed it! Like I stated earlier, the black dot on the photo scan is not a mustache, just a blemish in the scan/photo. He seems to be around the similar age too. I believe my photo must have been pre-knights cross tho unfortunately haha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Name That GENERAL thread   Help Name That GENERAL thread  

?

ya, i would say thats definitely him......do you agree? Wikipedia doesnt list that he recieved the EK Spange, but it doesnt mean much. ha. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FRANZ! I have looked at alot of GJ Generals and wasnt able to get a match yet, so I am very grateful.

It could make sense, since 2nd GJ division was in Norway like the photo is labaled

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast