Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Help Name That GENERAL thread

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Jay, I think you are right. Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring? Cheers, Ade. Agreed,Ade. Good 'ole "smiling Albert&quo

Default Re: Help Name That GENERAL thread

I agree, because awards are similar to what the 1940 guy is wearing and he's built the same way. Wikipedia is not 100% on history and stuff. This is the closes guy i found.

I tried looking for the General in post one, but we need little more info then just his awards. Like where does it look like he is? any writing on it?

I cant see his ribon bar, that will be a good place to start good, what awards was he awarded. it will help date him and where he been prior to the picture. (WWI, Studatenland, austria, extra)

one last thing you welcome

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Name That GENERAL thread
    P
    Many

?

After looking around, I am fully comfortable with your ID on UTZ. Thanks again. The first general I posted is a tough one. I will do a little research tonight and use an eye loupe to see if I can figure out the ribbon bar and awards. That might give something to work off, as you suggested. Well, nice work on the other ID tho, Im still very happy about that. It makes a photo much more interesting when you know who it is, of course.

Bill,
    Looking closer at post 1 It dated after the introduction of the m40 tunic. Some of soldatens are wearing m36 and m40, wonder if it Russia or what if it the picture is some where in south east Europe. I think is some where between 1940 to 1943. look at it more latter.

?

Franz I have to agree with your dates, as they make sense when looking at the tunics/helmets. There is no writing on the reverse. The awards that can be seen are: Iron Cross 1st klasse, EK1 Spange, and the Knights Cross (which is barely seen, but its there). I really cant figure out the ribbon bar, even under eye loupe. But I might have better luck scanning it alone onto the computer.

?

ya, Im completely lost on the ribbon bar, it almost looks like a WW1 EK ribbon (the first one) but I cant be sure. I see some long service ribbons too.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help Name That GENERAL thread 

panzer he has a student land medal around 1,162,617 were issued this.

Sudetenland Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

possible general for post 1
    Josef Harpe Josef Harpe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

will still look for others...

?

Ya you are right, that is the Sudetenland ribbon. A very common award. Some of his awards match the awards list, but again, he is issued the same awards that alot of generals are.....so its a tough one. Thank you again for helping out. I am also still looking, but nothing I have a good feeling about yet. haha

Hi guys, just came across this thread and I've got two general photos that I own.
    Help Name That GENERAL thread Heinz Guderian I think?
    Help Name That GENERAL thread Not very clear but I don't know who it is..

Hi Jay, I think you are right.

Not 100% sure about this. But the Luftwaffe General might be Albert Kesselring?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast