Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

How Rare Are My Camp Liberation Photos?...

Article about: I came across some photographs that I believe to be extremely rare, and am looking for opinions from more experienced collectors regarding just how rare these photos may be. I am not interes

?

Default How Rare Are My Camp Liberation Photos?...

I came across some photographs that I believe to be extremely rare, and am looking for opinions from more experienced collectors regarding just how rare these photos may be. I am not interested in selling them, if anything I would donate them to an organization or museum if they are indeed found to be that rare.

I have about 11 original photographs (2.5" x 2.5" with incredible detail when viewed under magnification) of the clean-up of one of Dachau's sub-camps, Landsberg. These photos are very graphic, with scenes of the townspeople assisting in the clean-up as GIs supervise. This lot also includes two photos of "Death Trains" with a landmark in the background which identifies the location as the Dachau camp specifically.

I will not post the photos online, but will reference two websites where I found photos closely matching the ones I have. In fact, I have a photo showing the same two people you see in the photo center-right in the first link (a man and a short haired woman carrying a body).

Landsberg Concentration Camps
    (scroll down to the last grouping of 4 photos which appear to be scanned from a book. The photo center-right shows the very same man and woman, in the same dress, as one of my photos which places my photos in the same time frame as these.)

The Death Train in Dachau
    (one of my photos shows a closer shot of a train car, another a horse-drawn wagon off-loading the bodies from train car, both with the same building in the background.)

I'd appreciate any experienced opinions about the rarity of these photographs.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Rare Are My Camp Liberation Photos?...
    P
    Many