Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Identified Persons and Units Photos

Article about: A new thread for any Portraits or Photos of where a Person or Unit can be identified. These photos can be very useful for a # of reasons, such as: unit locations, uniforms, finding a photo o

?

Default Re: Identified Persons and Units Photos

It does look like a name on back Zwerge....not sure what it is tho.

Here is a new grouping which is unit ID'ed........

Oberleutnant Werner Häringer. He is shown here as a Leutnant, but Volksbund has his final rank as Oberleutnant. Maybe posthumously promoted.

He is from Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 203, as seen on his Lt. Boards.
    Werner was wounded in the nasty fighting around Rschew at the end of November. He was transported to a Field Hospital 178 in Sytschewka (Sychevka), south of Rzhew where he died on November 30, 1942. (maybe part of Operation Mars (Rzhev-Sychevka Offensive)?

Here is a nice Portrait of him, as well as his sterbebild. He was 22 years old
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identified Persons and Units Photos   Identified Persons and Units Photos  

Last edited by Bill T; 09-16-2012 at 02:21 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identified Persons and Units Photos
    P
    Many

Great photos all.

In due time, I will have a few of mine here including but not limited to; one great shot Army Group "A" Press Photo showing von Rundstedt and three other Generals all named. I have 3-4 showing Generla Guderian somewhere on the Eastern Front, another greta shot of Gen der Kav Eberhard von Mackensen in his command Panzerspahwagon--somewhere on the eastern front, another showing von Leeb as commander of Army Group North and the back of the head to: Franz Halder, and some others ;-))

?

Look forward to seeing them!

Here are a couple more new ones to add.......

- Panzerjager abteilung 33 of the 15th Panzergrenadier Division

- Gebirgsjager Regiment 100 of the 1. GJ Div
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identified Persons and Units Photos   Identified Persons and Units Photos  

Thank you Bill and they arrived this afternoon. I havent had time to open to look at them yet ;-))

Forgot I brought the mail with me and I just opened it. The RK W/ Oaks Jagdfleiger photo has no writing on the back but a friend of mine has IDes him as one fo two people. I dont have the info handy but will send him an email on it and see if he can send it to em and ill post the info here. Really is agreat shot too. The guy is a Hauptmann and also has a German Cross in Gold.

The Ion Antonescu photo has no writing on it but he is awarding a medal to a Luftwaffe Leutnant who looks like sean penn.

The Double exposure photo has no writing on it but looks cool as heck.

The Luftwaffe RKT/ General photo--there is a man in it that looks a lot like Errol Flynn.

The 2 CM Flak pic w/ 31 kill rings on it has writing but its so bad I cant out but the last two letters of: ny.

The 2 CM Flak pix with 40 kills on it--no writing unfortunately.

?

A man from Panzer Regiment 36 w/ Lanyard. He also has a Skull Ring, but its hard to see in the scan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identified Persons and Units Photos  

?

I'd like to share a very special (to me) portrait. I have recently been in contact with a man named Dieter, of Schwere Panzer Abteilung 507. He was a Tiger Tank Kommander for HQ Kmp. His father was General der Artillerie actually.
    Well, anyway.....I have a portrait of him, which ive shared before.....and I sent him a scan of it with a letter. I recieved a nice response from him, in which he was happy to see this photo I have. He said it was taken in his backyard in Austria in summer of 43. Has no idea how it ended up in the States!

With his nice letter, he sent me an Original Postcard sized Portrait of himself from his personal wartime album, that has an inscription on back, which he said he sent to his younger brother Gunther for his 18th Birthday. I was honored that he decided to send me this, and it is now my favorite Portrait in my entire collection of photos.

Dieter speaks fluent English, and after the war was Head of the Dentistry in Kabul. He was the personal dentist for the Royal family for 3 years, until Leading the Oral Surgery dept for the University of Baghdad. After retiring, this amazing man chose to participate in development projects in Afrika (x2 in Somalia and China), for the treatment of Leprocy Patients!!! He says he is 89 years old and still enjoying life!
    A truly honorable man, who deserves to live the rest of his life in peace and happiness. I am grateful to be able to speak with him, and will continue my correspondence. Hope you enjoy!

P.S.- Entries from his personal wartime diaries can be found in the book "Comabt history of Schwere Pz Abt 507"

Here is the photo of him that I had, which started our correspondence:
    (photo taken after finally being released from hospital after being seriously wounded as a gunner in a Panzer III at El Alamein in his 29th Combat Assault) - hospitalized for Over a year!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identified Persons and Units Photos  
    Last edited by Bill T; 02-06-2013 at 10:54 PM.

?

Here is the portrait from his personal Wartime Album that he sent me!!

Thank you for looking!
    Last edited by Bill T; 02-06-2013 at 10:55 PM.

?

Wonderful Bill , you can't buy this sort of History mate !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Truly amazing my friend. It's unbelievable that he sent you an original photo
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thanks for reading guys, and I know it Chris, I was like a kid on X-mas when I saw it was an original pic! I'm going to respond to his letter and answer the questions he asked, and hopefully, maybe then I will be able to speak to him over the phone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast