Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21

Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

Article about: I will use this thread to share my photographs taken by family or given to a family member from their friends during this time as well as others i just redcently got made into photographs fr

Among the first photos in which we see Sepp Dietrich in the middle the others are from the RSD and FBK nr 2 deom the left is Johann Rattenhuber and 3 from left is Bruno Geschke

Best regards
    Georg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content
    P
    Many

Error, can you delete this post? I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks

Quote by Komoto View Post
    The younger brother of my paternal grandfather was with the 17. SS Division Götz von Berlichingen fighting against the 5th US army i believe. His diaries and what he told me about the battles there sound so horrible that i'm surprised that the battles there don't get the same attention as the Battle of the Bulge etc.
    He told me once that they received many young guys often born 1926 and even 1927 who fought with fanatism and seemed less afraid than the more experienced soldiers. Also countless went missing and died there of these young soldiers.

Metz is a particular topic of interest for me because my wife is from Metz, of course she was rather fascinated talking to a 17. SS Veteran who fought there and knows the area well.
    Hello Komoto,

Thank you for your memory work. Indeed it is a shame that we forget the battles south of Metz like that of Fort DRIANT alias Feste KRONPRINZ which began to be built at the beginning of 1899 by the Kaiser.
    We have created an association since 2013 and since 2017 we have been working to safeguard the buildings of Fort DRIANT and its history.
    Kind regards,

Sandrine FUCHS
    Association of Fort DRIANT

Quote by carpediem View Post
    A friend of mine lost his great uncle in the assaults on Metz in September of '44. There was an officer school there and the cadre from the school put up a tough resistance, enhanced by the fact that there were well dug in and fortified positions around the town.
    Hello Carpediem,

Do you have more information on this subject please ?

Sandrine FUCHS
    Association of Fort DRIANT

Here are some photos of Fort DRIANT near Metz in France
    Battle of September - December 1944 (5th Infantry Division VS Germany)

Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21