Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

Article about: I will use this thread to share my photographs taken by family or given to a family member from their friends during this time as well as others i just redcently got made into photographs fr

?

Default Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

I will use this thread to share my photographs taken by family or given to a family member from their friends during this time as well as others i just redcently got made into photographs from negatives i inherited.
    I still have over 40k negatives to get made into photographs, so i will update this thread all the time.
    Many pictures won't have a description, especially the negatives, so i would appreciate any comment of what you see on them.

I'll start out with this rather somber picture i sadly don't have more information of except that it's in Russia 1943.
    For anyone on here who ever wondered how soldiers were buried.

Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Komoto's Interesting Photographs (SS, SD, Personalities etc.) WARNING: incl. graphic content
    P
    Many

?

Next: Maybe this isn't an interesting picture but it's the first time i have seen this type of skull on a winter hat.
    Maybe someone on here well versed in Waffen SS winter clothing can tell me if this is an unusual skull / hat ? The others i've seen look different

MAP
    ?

Looking forward to seeing some of these historical photographs.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sport wear. Picture taken in Metz, France

A friend of mine lost his great uncle in the assaults on Metz in September of '44. There was an officer school there and the cadre from the school put up a tough resistance, enhanced by the fact that there were well dug in and fortified positions around the town.

?

This picture with a puppy is on a postcard and apparently and acquaintance named "Karl".
    Since it's apparently one of many copies given out by Karl, there are probably more examples of this one out there.
    Backside reads "Toulouse , April 1944"
    Anyone can add any info like the Regiment of "Deutschland" that was there in April 1944? Thanks in advance

?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    A friend of mine lost his great uncle in the assaults on Metz in September of '44. There was an officer school there and the cadre from the school put up a tough resistance, enhanced by the fact that there were well dug in and fortified positions around the town.
    The younger brother of my paternal grandfather was with the 17. SS Division Götz von Berlichingen fighting against the 5th US army i believe. His diaries and what he told me about the battles there sound so horrible that i'm surprised that the battles there don't get the same attention as the Battle of the Bulge etc.
    He told me once that they received many young guys often born 1926 and even 1927 who fought with fanatism and seemed less afraid than the more experienced soldiers. Also countless went missing and died there of these young soldiers.

Metz is a particular topic of interest for me because my wife is from Metz, of course she was rather fascinated talking to a 17. SS Veteran who fought there and knows the area well.

Very interesting Komoto, keep them coming.

?

This one is interesting, also on a postcard so there might be more, no description. Part of the inheritance of my granduncle who was with the Ahnenerbe.
    I always thought that small man looks a lot like Sepp Dietrich. Sadly i have no idea who anyone on this picture is.
    Maybe someone here recgonizes someone or can tell the year from the uniforms?

Quote by Komoto View Post
    The younger brother of my paternal grandfather was with the 17. SS Division Götz von Berlichingen fighting against the 5th US army i believe. His diaries and what he told me about the battles there sound so horrible that i'm surprised that the battles there don't get the same attention as the Battle of the Bulge etc.
    He told me once that they received many young guys often born 1926 and even 1927 who fought with fanatism and seemed less afraid than the more experienced soldiers. Also countless went missing and died there of these young soldiers.

Metz is a particular topic of interest for me because my wife is from Metz, of course she was rather fascinated talking to a 17. SS Veteran who fought there and knows the area well.
    Yes! It was the brother of his grandfather also! He fought in the 5th Infantry Division, 2nd Regiment. He fell in battle on September 11, 1944 while trying to establish a bridgehead south of the city. Very interesting!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast