Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

a little help

Article about: can anyone tell me what it means when someone has photos for sale that came from ussr kgb archives ,,,some of these photos are in battle scenes and tanks, soldiers, how is this that the kgb

Default a little help

can anyone tell me what it means when someone has photos for sale that came from ussr kgb archives ,,,some of these photos are in battle scenes and tanks, soldiers, how is this that the kgb has these, are they reprints ?? i bought one a week ago and it looks good too me but i dont want spend a lot of money on pics that are worth it ,,,i also found a few A.H pics that also are US archives photos which have a brownish paper (tag) i guess on the back that says where, when and who is in the photo ... please any help i want to build up my photo collection and cant afford to waste $$$ on ( fake) photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a little help
    P
    Many

Default Re: a little help

Avoid any photos which are aledged to have come from any ex USSR security agency. They are modern fake reprints with bogus ink stamps on them to make people believe they are original.

The US ones I would need to see. These could be press release photos which should be genuine.

Cheers, Ade.

what about ones marked agfa lupex ,and are you saying that any photo stating it is ex-kgb is a fake

?

I agree with Ade on the USSR archive photo's. I've seen many listed on ebay and other auction sites that make this claim to bolster sales. Good Luck

check this out please and see what you think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a little help   a little help  

a little help  

I've been told that modern photos and reprints glow like crazy under blacklight by a couple friends that collect photos.

I can almost guarantee 100% that any photo marked ex KGB will be "fake" i.e. a modern reprint. Frank is correct re the blacklight.

I cannot advise on the AGFA paper, but this is a correct war time era trade mark.

Cheers, Ade.