Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

LOOK! Panzer Flag bearer!

Article about: I love this photo! Checkout the swazi's on the hoods of the armored column! ~Dean

?

Default LOOK! Panzer Flag bearer!

I love this photo! Checkout the swazi's on the hoods of the armored column!
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LOOK! Panzer Flag bearer!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LOOK! Panzer Flag bearer!
    P
    Many

Default Re: LOOK! Panzer Flag bearer!

Check out how straight that flag staff is being held.
    I've had people working for me (not long but to many) that couldn't get it that vertical plumb WITH a level.

I also noticed the helmets ... with heads still under them.

Maybe the flag is fixed to the ground and the bearer is just hanging onto it?

More interesting for me is the captured British Bedford truck following the Sdkfz 251.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Check out how straight that flag staff is being held.
    I've had people working for me (not long but to many) that couldn't get it that vertical plumb WITH a level.

I also noticed the helmets ... with heads still under them.
    No kidding,huh! That's called 'discipline'. yeah I noticed the stahlhelms too, and their rifles are standing up too. I wonder if you could trace the license plate numbers the the place and time that half-track was in service? just an idea.
    ~Dean

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    More interesting for me is the captured British Bedford truck following the Sdkfz 251.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow! Great eye, Ade! Thanks for pointing that out. This photo has a lot going on in it. Like the saying goes," A picture is worth a thousand words".
    ~Dean

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Maybe the flag is fixed to the ground and the bearer is just hanging onto it?
    That's what my story was at his age. Just hanging on to it to stay out of trouble.

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    No kidding,huh! That's called 'discipline'. yeah I noticed the stahlhelms too, and their rifles are standing up too. I wonder if you could trace the license plate numbers the the place and time that half-track was in service? just an idea.
    ~Dean
    Nothing wrong with some 'discipline'. Not to much and not to little however I'm seeing more and more of none at all ... shame.

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Wow! Great eye, Ade! Thanks for pointing that out. This photo has a lot going on in it. Like the saying goes," A picture is worth a thousand words".
    ~Dean
    Got a lot to learn before you start picking out things like that.
    New here but the man always impresses me, as do most of you.

My pleasure.

I have been into military vehicles since I was a kid making Airfix kits. Bought my '42 Jeep in 1988. The "251" (my favourite vehicle) is also the early Ausf A. Note the front armour plate shape. The photo was most likely dates from the late summer of 1940. The Bedford truck having been captured in France after Dunkirk. I have driven several Bedfords as I have friends who have owned them. Also driven a half track.

Post up the number plate details. We might be able to find something.

Cheers, Ade.

Looking at the way the road is cobbled, it could be Amsterdam (though I don't recognize the view) or somewhere in that part of the world.

Great pic.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Ade and Von bond. I'll see if I can get a clear look at the license plate. I'm also very impressed by Ade's knowledge in vehicles. I just talked to my uncle today whom owns an original SchwimmWaggen (w/ mg42 attached..SHHH!) I'll get the photos here as soon as I can ! He said I can drive it too. He aslo said I could shoot the mg42 if I let him shoot my Mosin-Nagant! I made a model of his ShwimmWagen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LOOK! Panzer Flag bearer!   LOOK! Panzer Flag bearer!