Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe KG-4 "General Wever" photo grouping--finally finished

Article about: [QUOTE=HPL2008;248281]Flieger-Obernautiker is the rank as indicated by the collar patches, right. The Nautikerkorps was the Luftwaffe's Navigation Corps, but I am afraid I cannot provide dat

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe KG-4 "General Wever" photo grouping--finally finished

[QUOTE=HPL2008;248281]Flieger-Obernautiker is the rank as indicated by the collar patches, right.

The Nautikerkorps was the Luftwaffe's Navigation Corps, but I am afraid I cannot provide data on the exact details of their day-to-day work. I would assume that activities like the planning of missions, the mapping of courses etc. were central to it, though, and this would have implied co-operation with the meteorologists.
    Perhaps another member with a better understanding of the Luftwaffe's organization or aeronautical matters in general can be of help here.

Anyway, I hope you will find these links helpful:

Thank you very very much. I noticed the Obernautiker was in one of the "map" photos, so this is a neat detail that you found for me. I appreciate the links also. I will have to look through them more thoroughly. The last link is where I found out the collar tab rank indications earlier. Pretty neat. I am going to post the reverse side of a few of the photos that have writing on them for translation in a little while. Maybe a member will see them and be able to translate. Some of the writing looks hard to read, so I dont know how they do it. haha Maybe it will reveal other details? thanks again friend

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe KG-4 "General Wever" photo grouping--finally finished
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe KG-4 "General Wever" photo grouping--finally finished

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Excellent photos ! Who is the Himmler look- a- likee on the steps ?

Nick

Haha, I know it. He is one of the Sonderfuhrer Major's. I dont have his name unfortunately tho. Luckily I have a friend who is in contact with a fleiger from KG4 gruppe II that is still alive living in Germany. He is supposed to take a look at these photos and see if he recognizes anyone. They are a little later in the war compared to his earlier KG4 service.

?

Default Kg 4

Bit of info on this nice thread
    First pic off in white summer tunic is Oberst Hans-Joachim Rath later a GM and Dkig recipient and Knights Cross.
    Regards
    Harmel

Bill if you look at my avatar you will see a major's tunic from KG4 General Weaver.could be one of those in your photo's.

?

Very very possible Harry!! Most of these men were well decorated

noggin
    ?

I have a name for the profile picture of the KG 4 Oberleutnant , well I'm 99% sure anyway it is Johann ( Hans ) Schumm. Made Oblt 1/7/42 , promoted to Hptm 1/7/43. Hptm & Staka 6/KG 4 KIA during evacuation flight from Rhodes He 111 H-20 5J+GP crashed 60 km East of Fuboa Island after being attacked by Bristol Beaufighter of 108 Squ out of Idku Egypt. Wally Cunningham & Bob Common in Beaufighter mk 6 ND145W attacked the 111 and it's starboard engine caught fire and the aircraft crashed vertically into the sea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2