Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi glass slides/photos

Article about: I have these 4 Nazi glass slides/photos that I would appreciate some help identifying. What exactly are they? Approximate value? I haven't found anything similar online. I appreciate any hel

Default Nazi glass slides/photos

I have these 4 Nazi glass slides/photos that I would appreciate some help identifying. What exactly are they? Approximate value? I haven't found anything similar online. I appreciate any help received in advance.

Joe

Nazi glass slides/photosNazi glass slides/photosNazi glass slides/photosNazi glass slides/photosNazi glass slides/photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi glass slides/photos
    P
    Many

Those are interesting. They kind of seem like they might be slides of artifacts, maybe used in education? Just a stab in the dark here.

Edit: Did a quick Google translate on the side text, and it says something to the effect of Reich Office for Educational Film, and the name of the artifact at the top. So, I may not be far off. Perhaps they have to do with Norse, or some other Germanic heritage studies? I notice all the artifacts have swastikas on them, so it may be part of core NSDAP youth studies (i.e. brainwashing) to tie in Germanic history with modern to the time symbolism. HPL2008 could probably tell you more accurately what they add up to if he pops in.

From a historical perspective, if those are in fact slides for Hitler Youth or some other form of state education and indoctrination, that's a very cool find.

?

Himmler was determined to equate archaeology with the Aryan super race horse $hit.

He created SS archaeology teams that scoured areas that Germany controlled or were accepted in.
    The digs were acclaimed by Joseph Goebbels as proof of Aryan racial superiority in German propaganda at the time.
    These slides are of artifacts dug up by those SS "archaeologists" used to confirm their nefarious claims.

?

The last photo slightly resembles a Rad ( Reichs Arbeit Dienst) Mecklenburg traditions cap badge.. This is the best I can help.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi glass slides/photos  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

These are described on the slides as audio visual aids for school instruction.

They were produced by the so called Reichstelle fuer den Unterrichtsfilm and or an organization with a similar title.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichs...nterrichtsfilm

Thanks FB for that information. Why I didn't think to look up the Reichstelle fuer den Unterrichtsfilm earlier is beyond me. That would have revealed everything. It seems I was pretty close with my assumptions though. Clearly, these slides exhibit historical significance in the types of indoctrination put forth in schools aligning with the spirit of NSDAP cultural reworking. I'm glad they were posted here.

Nazi glass slides/photosNazi glass slides/photosThe items are significant and interesting. They belong on our site and we are grateful for the attention they draw.

We have had some set backs in 2016 with the education role of our site.

Items of this kind are why this site exists and why we work so hard to give them pride of place.

Nazi glass slides/photosNazi glass slides/photosNazi glass slides/photosThe Nazi view of the past, especially as put forward by Himmler and the SS, emphasized the Germanic tribes untrammeled by Rome and Christianity in its archaeological dimension.

These artifacts are part of that doctrine and dogma.

Very normal part of nationalism, and enjoyed today by tens of millions all the same.

Nazi glass slides/photosThis recent book is very good on all these things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast