Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index

Article about: Hi, Some time ago, bought a set (100 pictures) "Mountain Troops in the East". As you can see the photos are numbered in the bottom right corner, but there's no index in the pack -

?

Default Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index

Hi,
    Some time ago, bought a set (100 pictures) "Mountain Troops in the East". As you can see the photos are numbered in the bottom right corner, but there's no index in the pack - has anyone got a index?. Wondered were there were any other similar photo packs produced - perhaps Infantry Troops in the East - Tank Troops in the East. I assume they were printed early in the war, has anyone come across other packs identical or similar?
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index   Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index

I might be able to help you out on IDing the unit or location but I need to see more than just two photos.

Cheers--C.

Hello Alec! yay more pictures! lol

?

Hello C & Cobra,
    Here's eight photos from the Gebirgstruppe pack, I picked out pictures with soldiers on them. This may be of help to you C. I wonder, if in the field they did actually wear regiment numbers - as WW2 German death cards state - place soldier fell and only a general unit description, Infantry Regiment, Artillery Regiment, Gebirgsjäger etc, never giving an exact regiment number. If you uncover anything please let me know. Good Luck
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index   Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index  

Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index   Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index  

Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index   Need Help- Gebirgstruppe im Osten Photo Index  

I also have this set of photos and I still have the index for the photos. I am not due to return home from work for another 2 weeks but if no-one else can help you in the meantime I will scan in the index for you.
    I'm not sure from memory but I think the unit that the boxset concentrates on is the 1st GJ Division and the location is the southern front but the index helps to clarify the location.

?

Hello Hucks216,
    I would certainly be grateful, if you could let me have a copy of the index. I'm not too hopeful, that in the meantime I get a list from another forum member. I agree with you, most of the photos concentrate on 1st Gebirgs Division on the southern front. Some of the vehicles in the photos have the division's motif - an Edelweiss.
    Best Wishes

Alec,
    Can you PM me your email address please so I can send you the scans of the photo set index.

Best Regards
    KEViN