Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with a possible SS photo

Article about: Ok hey guys, i just recently ran into this photo online, in my opinion it looks to be SS because of the missing breast eagle but i could be wrong. From what i can see there is a Cufftitle an

?

Default Need help with a possible SS photo

Ok hey guys, i just recently ran into this photo online, in my opinion it looks to be SS because of the missing breast eagle but i could be wrong. From what i can see there is a Cufftitle and an armband (which i think is covering up the SS sleeve eagle). Also the Collars look to be SS style.
    What do you guys think? SS or not?
    Also can anyone possibly translate the grave markers?
    Also the picture will look much more clear if you click on it and zoom in.
    The picture is marked for 20$, if so is it a good deal? It might be a possible buy.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with a possible SS photo   Need help with a possible SS photo  

Need help with a possible SS photo   Need help with a possible SS photo  

Need help with a possible SS photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with a possible SS photo
    P
    Many

It is not a SS uniform. It appears to be a member of the Reichs Arbeits Dienst.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

You know what i never though about the RAD. Damn that never came even came to mind lol.
    Thanks Bob
    Ryan

The SS would not be wearing a swastika armband on a gray uniform. RAD units were involved in work at the front and at times were involved in combat. I have seen color film of RAD men firing rifles wearing the standard kampfbinde. It certainly would draw attention to the wearer as it made a great target.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Ryan, Hard to tell what one this man is wearing, but the RAD wore these "lettered" cufftitles earlier in the war I believe, which signified that they were part of a certain job or project/etc, if I'm not mistaken. There were a few different cufftitles with various letters on them too.... "K", "W", "S", that I can think of off the top of my head....

I agree that he is wearing one of the RAD Cuff-titles that Bill is referring to...caught my eye immediately.
    cheers, Glenn