Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 106 of 365 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    why would the "Deutscher Luftsportverband" be at that wedding? did they always go to a soldiers wedding or just a soldier of a high rank?
    Like I said; maybe they are comrades of the bridegroom. In any case, it is safe to assume that there was some kind of connection between him and the DLV. (Of course they didn't just line up at any wedding.)

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    is there any luck on the feld-post? it would be interesting to know what it says, i cant undertsand the writing even if it was in english
    Sorry, but no. The old Sütterlin script is always giving me an extremely hard time. Some words of this letter I can read, others not, and trying to decypher the whole thing would take me hours.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

thanks for the help. it doesent matter about the feld-post, i will ask my german neighbour if he could help me out.
    sorry about the silly question regarding the wedding photo, i know they dont just go to any wedding

?

CHRIS: The photo of the car with the Unit symbol of a Horse on it......is the symbol of the 211th Infantry Division !! One of the Kommanduers of the Division: Heinrich Eckhardt, was a KC with Oak Leaves winner! He survived the war, but died only days after being captured by American G.I.'s.
    I will try and get more info on when the 211th was in support of your Panzerjager unit. I will have to look back in the thread, because I forget what the Pz Jagr unit is.
    I do know that they were formed in 1939 and Destroyed at the Eastern Front in 44' (like so many others).....and redesignated the "211th Volksgrenadier Div" at the end of 44'.

By the way, nice photos Patrick!

?

here is a photo of a Panzermann from Panzer Ersatz Abteilung 100! One of the strangest Heer Panzer Abteilungs, as it was composed of mostly all French Tanks! This is one interesting Unit!

This replacement/reserve Abteilung was used to defend the La Fiere Bridge near St. Mere Eglise! Anyone who's studied the Normandy invasions knows that this bridge was of major importance to the US AND German forces as it was an entrance to a main side of St. Mere Eglise. St. Mere Eglise was the crossing way to Carentan and Cherbourg, which ultimately ended up at Utah Beach. This bridge was also the target of the US 82nd Airborne's main objective of securing/holding it. Well, Pz. Ers. Abt 100 was driving towards the bridge when the Americans arrived. The 82nd Airborne saw "German" captured French Hotchkiss tanks roaring at them when they approached the bridge, and they did not have tank support. Well, they ended up knocking out 4 tanks of Pz Ers. Abt. 100's with Bazookas and taking the bridge. If they did not do this, then it could have been devastating to the invasion if an early German counterattack was made on Utah Beach. Luckily there is some great images of this specific event that was saved so I was able to study it. Very interesting... to me anyway!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

From a Panzer Regiment 33 (9th Pz. Div) grouping. The most cherished of the bunch is this one here. I will start a thread for the other groupings/documents/etc.

It is a Panzer IV (ausf C or E) from Panzer Regiment 33 that has hit a Mine in the road. As you can see.....it exploded from underneath and blew out the track and caused major damage to the undercarriage. The entire 5-man crew is killed instantly. You can see the 5 graves in the background to the left, with Panzer Berets on top of crosses.(5th is hard to see next to tree). A sad photo IMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

heres one more I will share of Panzertruppe from the 9th Panzer Div - Pz Reg 33.
    Note divisional symbol "XX" on the transport truck....which was used by the div. in France in 1940

?

Amazing photo of the panzer Bill one quick question was this shot taken by Germans or advancing allied troops.

Regards Mark K

?

Hi Mark, It is a German taken photo, as the writings on the reverse would suggest to me. It is dated 1940, which is the same as the others from this particular grouping. The others were taken in France 1940, so it could be very possible this Panzer IV photo was taken in France as well.

Here are a couple more from this same group: (note the "XX" tactical unit markings on the doors)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

a few random photos....NOT related to 9th pz div.

Check out the Panzer Crew with Range Finding Devices!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

AWESOME new pics Panzer!!!!!!