Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 111 of 365 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Ok the sequel after i come back from holidays.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Cool pics Don! Congrats!

Ps-Mike, I stay away from photos sold by guys in Russia, because I've heard many are copies. Bill knows what he's talking about. It's lame that people have nothing better to do in their lives, but that's how some folks operate. It's like people faking id discs. Really? There are a few solid sellers on ebay that are legit and have great reputations. I try to stick with them.
    Hey mate, thanks. Unfortunately i was tricked too with those fake ID discs. And it looked so convincing. I try to avoid ebay as much as possible.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Cool pics Don! Congrats!

Ps-Mike, I stay away from photos sold by guys in Russia, because I've heard many are copies. Bill knows what he's talking about. It's lame that people have nothing better to do in their lives, but that's how some folks operate. It's like people faking id discs. Really? There are a few solid sellers on ebay that are legit and have great reputations. I try to stick with them.
    Yea, I just got these from my local vender here in town, he sells leget items I have seen them, I just have never bought from him before, cause he was expensive, but I might return them, and let them know whats going on, they are pretty nice folks so well see, thats too bad
    Boy you can't trust anything anymore

Yeah, it's really pathetic when people start faking lower end items. I can see how losers would fake helmets and other pricey items, but pics? Come on people!!

?

Bill I have a question for you I purchased some photos a while back I will repost them here but my question is some one had glued them in an album and the paper remnents are stuck on the back of the photos some have been written on and most of it is covered the one was sent home to Canada by a soldier and talks of loosing a fellow soldier in the assault on Arnem I would love to read the rest of the letter do you know any way to safefully remove glued paper from the back of a photo with out destroying the picture.

Regards Mark K

Yeah, it's really pathetic when people start faking lower end items. I can see how losers would fake helmets and other pricey items, but pics? Come on people!!
    GP, Bill, good news, the antique shop said to return the photos. No problem. They will let the vender know about the photos, which is good business. Thank you Bill for all of your help, this is a good lesson, and I hope this will help others in the forum, (This is why we are here, correct)? To ask and learn, and if this saves others from the same mistake I made, then we have achieved our goals here at the forum. I was lucky to get to return them, no hassel, but others might not be so lucky, if you buy onine, ebay, etc. So if this information helps others, then we did great!

Thank you all!
    Mike

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Bill I have a question for you I purchased some photos a while back I will repost them here but my question is some one had glued them in an album and the paper remnents are stuck on the back of the photos some have been written on and most of it is covered the one was sent home to Canada by a soldier and talks of loosing a fellow soldier in the assault on Arnem I would love to read the rest of the letter do you know any way to safefully remove glued paper from the back of a photo with out destroying the picture.

Regards Mark K
    Mark, check with Bill first, but I have used lighter fluid to remove adheseve from antique books, and such, but check with Bill first. Its does not hurt the paper on books, but photo's might be different.

Mike

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Where is Andreas? On vacation? I hoped he could help on this monument place.
    The caption identifies the place as Neukirch-Höhe; a village in West Prussia. Today it is part of Poland and known by the Polish name Pogrodizie.

See: Pogrodzie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and here is the church in question:

Pogrodzie

Apparently, the monument in front of the church is gone today.

Judging from the Iron Cross on top, and the wreathes and honor guard on the occasion of the Heldengedenktag [= Heroes' Memorial Day] (as the other caption says) it was probably a German World War 1 memorial.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    What does ''boots roll call'' mean?
    This is the translation i got for stiefelappell
    "Boot inspection" would be a better translation. The soldiers present their boots to their NCOs for inspection.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-18-2011 at 09:33 PM.

?

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    GP, Bill, good news, the antique shop said to return the photos. No problem. They will let the vender know about the photos, which is good business. Thank you Bill for all of your help, this is a good lesson, and I hope this will help others in the forum, (This is why we are here, correct)? To ask and learn, and if this saves others from the same mistake I made, then we have achieved our goals here at the forum. I was lucky to get to return them, no hassel, but others might not be so lucky, if you buy onine, ebay, etc. So if this information helps others, then we did great!

Thank you all! Mike

Mike: Thank you for posting them! And Im very happy to hear that the seller returned your money with no questions asked. Sounds like a decent guy. Hope you find some good ones to post tho, because you definitely had a good eye for images!

Mark K: I have this problem alot. To tell you the truth, I have tried a few things....none with good results. Ive used razor blades to try and scrape it away, fingernail, and this stuff called "goo gone". After everytime I tried, I ended up wishing I never had messed with it at all. Mikes idea with the lighter fluid could work, but I would definitely try it on a photo you dont care about first just in case! It sux not knowing what the writing says tho, I know!

Chris: so glad to see theres another album! haha. just got ur message too BTW

Andreas, you really are like a human encyclopedia! just Incredible

?

Thanks Mike and Bill it might be best to leave it alone as I have so few pictures I will have to scan the back of them to show you but here are my photos I purchased them a few weeks ago any comments would be appreciated and Mike I know how you feel German related Photos are as rare as hen's teeth were I live as well.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share