Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 112 of 365 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Definitely test if you are going to try, I have tested on my antique books, but the paper I think is different that photo, Mark I would just leave it, but it never hurts to ask around, heck someone might have a miracle cure for your problem, that works. PS the lighter fluid evaporates quite fast and leaves no film, I think thats why peoples use it on items, but sometimes (I have learned the hard way) just leave it.
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 08-19-2011 at 02:19 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Mike: Thank you for posting them! And Im very happy to hear that the seller returned your money with no questions asked. Sounds like a decent guy. Hope you find some good ones to post tho, because you definitely had a good eye for images!

Mark K: I have this problem alot. To tell you the truth, I have tried a few things....none with good results. Ive used razor blades to try and scrape it away, fingernail, and this stuff called "goo gone". After everytime I tried, I ended up wishing I never had messed with it at all. Mikes idea with the lighter fluid could work, but I would definitely try it on a photo you dont care about first just in case! It sux not knowing what the writing says tho, I know!

Chris: so glad to see theres another album! haha. just got ur message too BTW

Andreas, you really are like a human encyclopedia! just Incredible
    Oh just an update, the vender knew the photos were Russian prints, but failed to list that on the price tag, the antique owner thought it should have been, and has since corrected the issue for future purchases. Oh I traded the difference for a Hitler Youth School book, here is the book and photos inside, well I think that is what it is?

Hope it was ok to post this here, it has lots of photos inside of Hitler Youth.
    Thanks Mike
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 08-19-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Mike and Bill it might be best to leave it alone as I have so few pictures I will have to scan the back of them to show you but here are my photos I purchased them a few weeks ago any comments would be appreciated and Mike I know how you feel German related Photos are as rare as hen's teeth were I live as well.

Regards Mark K

Mark-As far as I've ever seen or tried,there pretty much is No way to remove glue patches with paper from the back of a photo safely. If it will soften or dissolve the glue,it will penetrate the paper and mess with the emulsion on the other side. It *****, I know, but it's far better to just live with it and let it be.(Most people don't look at the back,anyway!But,if by some miracle there Is a way to do it that I've never heard of,be sure to let me know! I have a Ton of old family photo album photos I've inherited with the same problem-I would Love to be able to read the writing on them and find out who these people were,but so far,no such luck!)
    Mike-I like the book! What was it issued for,I wonder? Looks like it commemorates a school dedicated to Hitler. Never had a hard cover? I wonder if they ever felt silly wearing those "hot pants" shorts? lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Mark-As far as I've ever seen or tried,there pretty much is No way to remove glue patches with paper from the back of a photo safely. If it will soften or dissolve the glue,it will penetrate the paper and mess with the emulsion on the other side. It *****, I know, but it's far better to just live with it and let it be.(Most people don't look at the back,anyway!But,if by some miracle there Is a way to do it that I've never heard of,be sure to let me know! I have a Ton of old family photo album photos I've inherited with the same problem-I would Love to be able to read the writing on them and find out who these people were,but so far,no such luck!)
    Mike-I like the book! What was it issued for,I wonder? Looks like it commemorates a school dedicated to Hitler. Never had a hard cover? I wonder if they ever felt silly wearing those "hot pants" shorts? lol William
    They gave me a good deal for the trade, since they felt I had to return the photos, I really know not much about books, this one is paper-back with half of it in photos, lots of writing in German, I think its a school of youth for Hitler, it might tell in the writings...my first real period book, (well I hope it is period) sheesh all that I went through.

Mike

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    They gave me a good deal for the trade, since they felt I had to return the photos, I really know not much about books, this one is paper-back with half of it in photos, lots of writing in German, I think its a school of youth for Hitler, it might tell in the writings...
    It's a book about the Adolf-Hitler-Schulen [Adolf Hitler Schools], or AHS for short. For some more info on these establishments, please see here: Axis History Forum • View topic - The Adolf Hitler Schools (1937)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's a book about the Adolf-Hitler-Schulen [Adolf Hitler Schools], or AHS for short. For some more info on these establishments, please see here: Axis History Forum • View topic - The Adolf Hitler Schools (1937)
    Thanks HP again, so these are pretty common I suppose. We don't get many books around here, so I took advantage of getting it!
    Mike

Now that's hilarious! I've been censored! I wrote Out the word "sux" in it's proper spelling and they removed it and replaced it with ***** ! lol Gosh dang it all to heck! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Now that's hilarious! I've been censored! I wrote Out the word "sux" in it's proper spelling and they removed it and replaced it with ***** ! lol Gosh dang it all to heck! William
    lol hehe. William, HP, is this book I have common? I wonder if I should post it somewhere else for opinions?

Posted in the HJ Forum.
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 08-20-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    lol hehe. William, HP, is this book I have common?
    Sorry; I don't know how common or rare this title is.