Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thanks alot Greg and Pwny, Like Ive said before....it makes it worth posting them when I know others are enjoying! But to be very honest, I spend alot (maybe too much) of my free time searching for photos. haha

I thought this was kinda neat. This guy has the Horse Riders Badge, and also has the Horse Drivers badge in wear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

A couple Polizei photos.

Are they Schupo or Landes men on the bottom photo? thanks for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Here is a nice PC photo with level 3 Glider badge in wear. He also has the cloth Fleiger Techn trade badge on sleeve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I thought this was kinda neat. This guy has the Horse Riders Badge, and also has the Horse Drivers badge in wear.
    Very nice. By the way: This can be easily overlooked, but he's not an Army soldier, but a Navy man, wearing the field-grey Kriegsmarine uniform worn by certain land-based personnel. (Note the buttons and lower pockets of his field blouse and the white central stripe on his collar patches.)

Some more for this great thread.

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Some more for this great thread.
    Very nice photos Pwny. Congrats
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Very nice. By the way: This can be easily overlooked, but he's not an Army soldier, but a Navy man, wearing the field-grey Kriegsmarine uniform worn by certain land-based personnel. (Note the buttons and lower pockets of his field blouse and the white central stripe on his collar patches.)
    HPL, I definitely overlooked that! I see the difference now that you mentioned it. What caught my eye was the 2 horse badges in wear. I know it was probably not that unusual for these to be awarded to one man, but I rarely see them in wear together in photos. Could this be like a Veterinary group or sumthin along those lines maybe?

Pwny, Love the Panzer I photo especially!!!! If you can get a close up scan of that unit marking on the car's fender, I might be able to help with a unit ID. I will try to get a close up myself by saving the image to my computer and messing with it. Cant wait to see more from you

Could this be like a Veterinary group or sumthin along those lines maybe?
    It's hard to tell much about the nature of this mixed group of Army, Navy and Air Force personnel. I can only offer two observations:
    The soldiers in this group are all somewhat older men, yet all of them hold only low enlisted ranks and none of them wears any military decorations, awards or badges. Thus, it is pretty safe to assume that they are not professional soldiers but reservists.
    The Gefreiter / NCO candidate from the Luftwaffe seen in the foreground has dark collar patches that can only be either cornflower blue (= Medical Branch) or black (= Air Ministry, later Construction Units).

?

Very Good call HPL. Yes, I noticed the dark collar tabs on the Luftwaffe man. It is too dark to be Flak, so I figured medical. But Air Ministry is a good assumption too, that didnt even cross my mind. Thanks for the help. And yeah, they are probly "last call" reservist troops being older aged. You are good at fullfilling the saying "A picture says a thousand words". haha

HPL, I definitely overlooked that! I see the difference now that you mentioned it. What caught my eye was the 2 horse badges in wear. I know it was probably not that unusual for these to be awarded to one man, but I rarely see them in wear together in photos. Could this be like a Veterinary group or sumthin along those lines maybe?

Pwny, Love the Panzer I photo especially!!!! If you can get a close up scan of that unit marking on the car's fender, I might be able to help with a unit ID. I will try to get a close up myself by saving the image to my computer and messing with it. Cant wait to see more from you
    I wish I was that advanced where I could get a clear, zoom. I've seen you do it on some of your pics. When's the next batch?

Page 12 of 365 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast