MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 135 of 365 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

The Soldat in the last of Antons photos he is wearing an M18 transitional helmet and still has an early variation of the k98 bayo on his rifle. I also notice a couple of other odd things with his uniform there are no litzen on his collars he is wearing an early pre Third reich field cap it is hard to tell from the photos but he would appear as well to have an early imperial buckle on his belt and the cut of his uniform is odd looking to me is he an Austrian Soldat or possibly in the reserve ?

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Nice photos Buff
    I'm posting a fallschirmjager photo lot i got recently.
    Thank you Don. Your FJ collection is an excellent one. I try collecting as many photos that have writing on them like yours so to do some research on them ;-)) A good friend of mine in Germany whose granddad is still alive-served in the FJ. He fought against our Airborne guys after D-Day as well as also fought in Italy and Russia-different years.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Andreas is that an Adolf Hitler monument?
    No; certainly not. While his likeness was represented by countless busts, postage stamps and paintings, Hitler did not allow statues of himself to be erected.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    The Soldat in the last of Antons photos he is wearing an M18 transitional helmet and still has an early variation of the k98 bayo on his rifle. I also notice a couple of other odd things with his uniform there are no litzen on his collars he is wearing an early pre Third reich field cap it is hard to tell from the photos but he would appear as well to have an early imperial buckle on his belt and the cut of his uniform is odd looking to me is he an Austrian Soldat or possibly in the reserve ?
    Judging from the man's somewhat advanced age and the nature of his clothing and equipment, my guess would be that this photograph shows a pre-war Landwehr soldier.

During the years of 1936 to 1939, older reservists of the Landwehr (i.e. the second-line supplementary reserves) were called up for duty in temporarily-raised Landwehr units where they underwent training and took part in military exercises. Some such units were also mobilized for border security duties during the crisis situations of 1938/39.

These men were typically kitted out from surplus stocks of obsolete uniforms and gear originating from the Reichswehr and the Landespolizei with photos showing a wide variety of items worn.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Chris, Im not trying to cover over your photos! Hopefully someone can still translate for you....didnt want you to think I am being rude by posting.

This is one of the oddest wraps Ive seen. The pointy collar flaps are cut very close to the tab-part. (it seems even closer than we usually see on early wraps) Also, the tabs are blank. Ive seen this before, but the wrap is still not sitting right with me. Any suggestions?
    (the striped undershirt reminds me of KM!)
    dude no problem. You have done nothing rude. Keep posting
    HPL is right. It's a Kriegsmarine Collani (or Kollani) I have seen it written in both ways.
    I thought that the litzen should always be blue. I have posted mine somewhere in the uniforms section.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    A good friend of mine in Germany whose granddad is still alive-served in the FJ. He fought against our Airborne guys after D-Day as well as also fought in Italy and Russia-different years.
    Buff that's cool. I hope your friend got the vet's uniform and stuff

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No; certainly not. While his likeness was represented by countless busts, postage stamps and paintings, Hitler did not allow statues of himself to be erected.
    Wow, never heard of this before. Thanks Andreas.

?

Thank you for the response HPL I thought his uniform looked a little odd .

Regards Mark K

?

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Judging from the man's somewhat advanced age and the nature of his clothing and equipment, my guess would be that this photograph shows a pre-war Landwehr soldier.

During the years of 1936 to 1939, older reservists of the Landwehr (i.e. the second-line supplementary reserves) were called up for duty in temporarily-raised Landwehr units where they underwent training and took part in military exercises. Some such units were also mobilized for border security duties during the crisis situations of 1938/39.

These men were typically kitted out from surplus stocks of obsolete uniforms and gear originating from the Reichswehr and the Landespolizei with photos showing a wide variety of items worn.
    These men are to my knowledge Landespolizei. But you can see what HPL is talking about how the Landespolizei Uniforms were used up from old stock, when comparing the pieced together uniform in Anton's photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share