Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This is not my area of expertise, but as far as I know, rings with unit/branch-related symbols were normally commercially manufactured or custom-made and bought by the soldiers who wore them. (These are, of course, not to be confused with items such as the SS Honor Ring!)

Whether rings were also used by certain units as a sort of unoffical, internal award/sign of recognition, I really do not know. Perhaps other members are more knowledgable in this field.

I can, however, offer a tentative ID on the symbol on this man's ring: I could be mistaken, but it really looks a lot like the symbol of the Labor Service organization Arbeitsdank to me:

http://www.axishistory.com/fileadmin...eits-dank2.jpg

[The Arbeitsdank (roughly "Labor Thanks") was set up by the RAD's forerunner, the FAD/NSAD, in November 1933 as a welfare body acting as a form of health insurance for all Labor Service members who had sustained injuries or illness related to their work. It also assisted poorer Labor Service members with acquiring further education or job skills in order to gain employment after leaving the service. All members of the FAD/NSAD and the later RAD were recquired to belong and financially contribute to this organization.]

HPL, There is a VERY good chance that the ring is indeed depicting the Arbeitsdank symbol. This is interesting to me and I had never heard of this before now. I could make a book of all the things I have learned from you over the past Year!! haha. Thats crazy that they were made to contribute monetarily to the organization! But I guess that was a good thing since it is a nice organisation/service. So it is safe to say that this Panzermann was in the FAD or RAD, correct? Thank you as always for the info/link and response!

Chris (Donkihotis), You SCORED getting that album!! VERY nice. I absolutely love all the camo/zelts in wear! There are some great shots in that album. what an awesome find right there. Appreciate you taking the time to post those!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Luftwaffe FD in camo in the woods

Army with Zelt Tents set up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Love this one: RAD? men getting fitted with Luftwaffe Helmets
    (Imagine how much money is sitting there with today's value of decal Luft Lids!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

FlugZueg Bomb

Army men in winter w full pack

Bunker In Holland 1940
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

PAK Crew w camod gun and soldat on right has MP40

RAD man helmeted w what looks like a tinnie maybe next to sports abzeichen

Maastricht Holland in ruins 1940 (came w bunker pic)

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Thanks Bill, indeed there are some awesome pics in that album. Too bad most of them are printed on gloss paper and i can't take nice photos of them as i cannot get rid of the reflections. Before i saw those pics i had no idea that zeltbahns were also used for wear. I thought that they were only for building tents.
    Very nice photos you have posted here Bill. You must be spending a lot of money to get such great pics.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Yeah, Bill is our official "resident Photo collector!" LOL! But seriously, he's the man when it comes to great ww2 photos...I'm full of jealousy , contempt and envy. I'm expecting some good shots in the mail any day now and i'll post when they arrive.One is of a few soldats on one knee w/ their German shepards w/ packs on them. I think this link should take you to it but I'll scan it when it comes anywho. file:///C:/Users/Public/Pictures/German%20soldats%20and%20dogs.htm
    ~Dean

?

Thanks Chris, but like I said before, I spend alot of time searching for good deals too. One key is to find sellers who are "low key" and not many people know about. Ebay is still a great place to find original photos if u know who to buy from. I very seldomly buy from the more popular sellers on there because there are too many people, which drives the prices way too high.
    I know what ya mean about the reflections too! Before I got this scanner I used to deal with that problem as well!

Dean, I couldnt get the link to work....but I really want to see the Shepherds pic! Thanks for the kind words too man! Try to remember to scan yours when they come in! thanks

heres a photo with soldats in Wintertarn camo (very light colored pic, sorry)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Need some help or input on this one! I believe them to be Luftschutz men. However, the insignia reminds me of the "Lufthansa" (civilian) wings too. Also would like to know what the armelbands would read? Thanks for ANY help!!

I got this with a Polizei photo, but I didnt think they were related. But maybe LuftschutzPolizei? (looks like the man on left might have a Treffen badge?)

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Here is the Polizei photo it came with. Check out the Mutters Kruez in wear! My first Mothers Cross in wear photo for my collection. Look at the destruction in the background as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

Page 14 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast