Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 142 of 365 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Photos of a drill i suppose. Press is also there to cover it.
    In the polizei photo the guy wearing glasses reminds me of Himmler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Last edited by don_kihotis7; 10-03-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Nice album Chris, Im enjoying this one as well. Maybe we can ID the General/s

BTW- Good to have you back HPL!

?

Snow Camoflauged PAK gun (hidden very well I must say!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

I finally recieved the "other" portrait of the man from StuG Abteilung 203.

The old one I had....showing nice "203" slip-ons

The NEW one I got from same source. This I believe to be a later photo. The odd thing is the ribbons!? The EK ribbon looks dark to me. The tabs also have different Waffenfabre I believe

Hi Bill, both are nice images.

The whole subject of Pz. Atillerie insignia can be a nightmare. But basically the red waffenfarbe piping did not change. This, along with the ribbon shade, may be a case of period re-touching, these photograghers were just as good or actually more skilled I should say as anyone with "Photoshop" today.

Cheers, Ade.

?

-Polizei man TR
    - Feldgendarmerie cufftitles ----nice Hunde!
    -Panzerman in 3rd pattern wrap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bill, both are nice images.

The whole subject of Pz. Atillerie insignia can be a nightmare. But basically the red waffenfarbe piping did not change. This, along with the ribbon shade, may be a case of period re-touching, these photograghers were just as good or actually more skilled I should say as anyone with "Photoshop" today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. I agree about the Sturm/Pz-Arty insignia! I can never tell the difference to be honest. I think you are correct about the ribbon too....the photo being slightly dark doesnt help it any either!

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    This I believe to be a later photo. The odd thing is the ribbons!? The EK ribbon looks dark to me. The tabs also have different Waffenfabre I believe
    It's definitely a later photo: He has since been made an officer candidate (note the twin Tresse loops on his shoulder boards) and been awarded an additional decoration (note the ribbon for the Ostmedaille underneath the EK2 ribbon).

Waffenfarbe is surely artillery red in both photographs; it only appears darker in the second photo.

Please compare the shade of the collar patch piping in the two photographs with those portions of the award ribbons that we know to be red for sure (i.e. the EK2 ribbon's center stripe and the Ostmedaille ribbon's basic color).

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    -Polizei man TR
    - Feldgendarmerie cufftitles ----nice Hunde!
    -Panzerman in 3rd pattern wrap
    The police portrait is especially nice and a fine study of uniform and ribbon bar details. His rank is Meister, by the way.

Welcome back Bill. It's nice to see you posting your new additions
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's definitely a later photo: He has since been made an officer candidate (note the twin Tresse loops on his shoulder boards) and been awarded an additional decoration (note the ribbon for the Ostmedaille underneath the EK2 ribbon).

Waffenfarbe
    Please compare the shade of the collar patch piping in the two photographs with those portions of the award ribbons that we know to be red for sure (i.e. the EK2 ribbon's center stripe and the Ostmedaille ribbon's basic color).
    ahah! after comparing the piping, it is more obvious for sure. I did indeed know that the Piping on the tabs should be red, but the difference in color between the 2 photos just really took me by surprise. its like night and day when comparing both photos. Makes perfectly good sense now tho
    As a side note..... Ade is definitely right, the photographers/studios back then really did a number on some of the photos by retouching images. Even on some of the higher quality studio portraits I have, the attempts are noticeable. Some were better than others, as I have noticed incorrect ribbon bar colors used in one of my period colored portraits

Chris- good to see you. Ive been very busy at work lately (not complaining tho!)