Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 365 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

General with a GJ officer entering a Kubelwagen (posted in the Generals Thread)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Here is the Polizei photo it came with. Check out the Mutters Kruez in wear! My first Mothers Cross in wear photo for my collection. Look at the destruction in the background as well.
    Wow..I like this one, Bill. There's so much to photos like these..so much feeling. they are smiling even though they know their fatherland is doomed. Like they say,"A picture's worth a thousand words".Here's a scan of the shepherds and soldats.
    ~Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 
    Last edited by Dean; 04-29-2011 at 02:58 AM.

?

Here's a new photo I got today.German KIA next to an MG.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Nice Dean, That Hundstaffel photo is beautiful!!!! Its hard to find the shots with the hunds wearing packs and actually in the field too. The other one is sad, but is a reality of war. The Machine gun is a MG08 I think. And youre right about the mothers cross pic, it does show alot about the Germans!

I'm not adding anything but sure like to wait a day or two to get my picture fix.
    This is an extremely fine thread and naturally a thank you again is in order. Some of these
    pictures I'm only distanced from by a few (in the larger scheme of getting older) years and things had not changed much.

A+,
    Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Need some help or input on this one! I believe them to be Luftschutz men. However, the insignia reminds me of the "Lufthansa" (civilian) wings too. Also would like to know what the armelbands would read?
    They are personnel of the SHD, the Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst [= Security- and Aid Service] and that's what the brassards say, too:

"Sicherheits- u.
    Hilfsdienst
    "

Part of the Luftschutz system, the SHD was an air raid protection/civil defense organization operating under the authority of the Air Ministry. Raised in 1937, the SHD was disbanded in 1942 with its personnel being partially incorporated into the newly-formed Luftschutzpolizei and partially into the Luftschutz-Abteilungen of the Luftwaffe.

Oh, and by the way, the "§ 11" on the sign stands for the rule "Es wird weitergesoffen" ["The boozing goes on!"]
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-29-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Here's a new photo I got today.German KIA next to an MG.
    ~Dean
    Hi Dean, he is a actually a Soviet soldier. The MG is a Maxim M1910, I know as I own one.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    They are personnel of the SHD, the Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst [= Security- and Aid Service] and that's what the brassards say, too:

"Sicherheits- u.
    Hilfsdienst
    "

Part of the Luftschutz system, the SHD was an air raid protection/civil defense organization operating under the authority of the Air Ministry. Raised in 1937, the SHD was disbanded in 1942 with its personnel being partially incorporated into the newly-formed Luftschutzpolizei and partially into the Luftschutz-Abteilungen of the Luftwaffe.

Oh, and by the way, the "§ 11" on the sign stands for the rule "Es wird weitergesoffen" ["The boozing goes on!"]

AHA! I have seen those green armbands before. That was a PERFECT post HPL! Thank you for another thorough ID, it is exactly what I was hoping for! I had been searching through luftschutz and luftschutzpolizei images last night and could not find an exact match. I was able to rule out Lufthansa early in my searches since the cap insignia is slightly different. I am always amazed at your ability to answer any question/problem I ever come across HPL.

P.s. Thanks for the sign translation, haha I love it! Im sure they did plenty of boozing, even while ON duty! An interesting Bunch of men I might add.

P.s.s.- Ade, thanks for the correction....obviously a Maxim! I forgot about your awesome collection of Weapons, I will have to look for that thread I had seen before sometime very soon.

Psss- Rudy thank you for watching and commenting, much appreciated.

I have seen those green armbands before. That was a PERFECT post HPL! Thank you for another thorough ID, it is exactly what I was hoping for! I had been searching through luftschutz and luftschutzpolizei images last night and could not find an exact match. I was able to rule out Lufthansa early in my searches since the cap insignia is slightly different. I am always amazed at your ability to answer any question/problem I ever come across HPL.
    Thanks, you're welcome! To round things out, see here for some images of the type of brassard, cap and insignia seen in the photograph:
    Axis History Forum • View topic - SHD armband-help needed please!
    Axis History Forum • View topic - German Air Warning Service LSW Uniform
    http://www.jessensrelics.com/images/GHG/GHG-049-1.jpg

P.s. Thanks for the sign translation, haha I love it! Im sure they did plenty of boozing, even while ON duty!
    Of course I know you mean no offense, but we really shouldn't assume that. Given their job, who can blame them for partying a little when the occasion arose...

An interesting Bunch of men I might add.
    With their advanced age and - at least in some cases - probably rather poor shape and general lack of "sharpness", they are quite a typical SHD group as seen in many such photographs.
    The SHD could recruit men born after 1900 only with the approval of the military's replacement authorities (who more often than not denied it), and all potential personnel also needed the labor control administration's permission to enlist.
    Military service and industrial/economical interests - especially work essential to the war effort - took precedence over SHD service, so the authorities in charge left the SHD not only understrength, but also with personnel consisting in the majority of men who were older, in less-than-perfect physical shape, or both.
    And those were the poor guys who had to dig through the rubble after an air raid and pull out the injured... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...15-501%2C_.jpg

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Of course I know you mean no offense, but we really shouldn't assume that. Given their job, who can blame them for partying a little when the occasion arose...]
    Oh of course I didnt mean any offfense, what I meant HPL..... was I wouldnt blame them for even drinking on duty, since the things they dealt with were horrible! And I think anybody would have done the same if put in there situation. Just think of how morbid it would be as a daily job/duty. Especially being closer to home than frontline troops, im sure they had easier access to alcohol too! But anyway, that is just a small luxury they were entitled to enjoy in the times of madness. I have nothing but major respect for them! I know these older men are an ordinary group, but I still think they are interesting. I just have not personally seen too many original SHD photos to be honest.

Oh ya, and thanks for the links too! I would Love to have a pair of those SHD Collar Tabs and shoulderboards in my collection!

Also, the General pictured above is General Seigfried Rasp of 3rd GJ Division. (GeneralMajor at the time I beleive)
    Last edited by Bill T; 04-29-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Page 15 of 365 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast