Page 151 of 356 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3554

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Hi Bill, and thank you for the "book-learning" on these. Believe it or not? I actually did have some stained with coffee or tea-because they still have a tea-smell to them. I gave all of those away to a friend of mine in Australia about a year or so ago. The others though, I still have--which are of the process you speak of--trouble is, is I had not know of that till now ;-)) If I can figure out how to use the rep points system here? I owe you some for teaching me something useful ;-))
    Oh wow, I havent seen the tea stain ones yet! I definitely believe you too, as I wouldnt put it past them to do whatever it takes to produce those fakes! Hey, you taught me something new too! BTW- nice pics up top here, some nice images. Oh and love the MG nest photo.

***Visit the Black/White Photo Colorization thread and get your photo colorized***
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/german...ed-113401-127/

Colorizations are Free of charge, however, ANY donations are appreciated and will fully go toward helping the forum's operation. PM for details

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Well, I have seen some other photos of this KO'd Russian KV tank that was knocked out by 2/Regiment General Goring troops (im guessing fallschirm-Panzer?). It seems that this tank was a popular stopping place for passing troops to take photos with! Its just too bad the writing is a bit blurry. Still neat tho

HPL, any help w/ translation would be great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goring reg2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	252732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goring 2reg kv2pz.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	252733  

***Visit the Black/White Photo Colorization thread and get your photo colorized***

Colorizations are Free of charge, however, ANY donations are appreciated and will fully go toward helping the forum's operation. PM for details

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Well, I have seen some other photos of this KO'd Russian KV tank that was knocked out by 2/Regiment General Goring troops (im guessing fallschirm-Panzer?). It seems that this tank was a popular stopping place for passing troops to take photos with! Its just too bad the writing is a bit blurry. Still neat tho

HPL, any help w/ translation would be great!
    It says:

"Ein anderer bei [...]*), erlegt von
    der 2. Flakbatterie / Rgt. General Göring
    "

...meaning...

"Another one near [...] brought down by
    the 2nd Flak Battery / Rgt. General Göring
    "

*) not sure about the place name, could be "Debno" or something similar.

?

- Panzermen from 3rd Panzer Division (note unit symbol)

- Panzer Parade for 22nd Panzer Division (note unit symbol)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panzer Division 3.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	252741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panzer div 22_final.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	252742  

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It says:

"Ein anderer bei [...]*), erlegt von
    der 2. Flakbatterie / Rgt. General Göring
    "

...meaning...

"Another one near [...] brought down by
    the 2nd Flak Battery / Rgt. General Göring
    "

*) not sure about the place name, could be "Debno" or something similar.
    ohhh ok, flak batterie! Thank you very much. Very interesting. So Im guessing that this batterie had taken a few Russian tanks and wrote on them, because this isnt the first photo ive seen like this.
    Oh, and I can see "Debno" in the writing too....good call.

?

This is one that I thought deserved its own post. haha, I really like it for some reason.
    A nice "Panzerman in the Mist!" near 38Ts. (note the motorized column in backgrnd)

Name:	panzer fog_final.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	252743  
    Last edited by Bill T; 10-18-2011 at 01:12 AM.

?

-Panzer Grave

-GAB in wear (early shoulderboards)

- Luftwaffe men/(one injured) posing w/ KO'd French FT-17 tank

The Wriitng is the reverse of the Panzer Grave photo. Looks like it could say "Suwalken" maybe?? Poland. Just a guess tho

Name:	panzer graben1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	252744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GAB in wear1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	252745  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pz french ft-17_final.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	252746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panzer graben 2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	252747  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    -The Wriitng is the reverse of the Panzer Grave photo. Looks like it could say "Suwalken" maybe?? Poland. Just a guess tho
    Err, no "Soldaten" and France, actually.

"Das Grab eines Soldaten [...]
    [...] [...] in Le Cateau"

..i.e.

"The grave of a soldier [...]
    [...] [...] at Le Cateau"

Sorry about the blanks, but my eyes (and brain) are getting a bit weary. It's 1 AM here and bed calls...

?

Couple portraits w/ saber and 1st model Luft dagger in wear

Name:	luft degen.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	252748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heer degen.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	252749  

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Err, no "Soldaten" and France, actually.

"Das Grab eines Soldaten [...]
    [...] [...] in Le Cateau"

..i.e.

"The grave of a soldier [...]
    [...] [...] at Le Cateau"

Sorry about the blanks, but my eyes (and brain) are getting a bit weary. It's 1 AM here and bed calls...
    haha I told you it was a guess! "Soldaten" looked like "Suwalken" (poland) to me. lol. thanks alot HPL, I do appreciate the translations. Sorry to press your eyes this late my friend.