Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 156 of 365 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Here is a pic of a General (maybe Fritz Kuhn??) reading a map standing by an skdfz Armoured vehicle/crew
    (Fritz Kuhn is just a guess as the photo isnt that sharp, but looks like him)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Hi Bill, highly doubtfull anyone could get away with not wearing an eagle on the jacke all the way through the war. The breast eagle was authorised in:

Heeres-Verordnungsblatt 1935, Nr. 690 of 11th Nov 1935.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thats what I figured Ade. Pretty much the reason why I was somewhat interested to see the beret eagle and then the wrap w/out eagle. I know it is common to see lack of eagle in early wear, but just wondering why he wouldnt apply a breast eagle at the same time he applied the beret eagle. Unless he had just got a new Beret and the eagle was already applied?? The early Panzer uniform photos I have, show no eagles or national emblem on the schutzmutze or Sonderbekleiding.
    Maybe im just thinking too hard on this one! lol
    Thanks for your help with the date too!

?

well, here is another Schutzmutze with piping. my only guess would be that it might be a symbol representing "in training" since they are obviously in Panzer Training. But again, as Ade said earlier....the photo might be re-touched.
    The training guess came about when thinking about the "white", as there was indeed a White Sonderbekleidung made using HBT material, that was worn by Panzer Training Instructors. But, just a longshot guess.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Last edited by Bill T; 10-25-2011 at 09:08 AM.

?

- an example of Early First pattern wraps + Berets, w/out any insignia (other than oak wreath)
    (panzer Reg 5)

- Another example of Early first patter wraps w/out breast eagle.....but Berets w/ eagles + nat'l cockade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Excellent photos Bill. Why would anyone retouch a photo and place a piping on the beret?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Bro we are no. 7 now
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    well, here is another Schutzmutze with piping. my only guess would be that it might be a symbol representing "in training" since they are obviously in Panzer Training.
    To be honest, I'm 99.99 % certain that what appears to be white in the above photo is simply a reflection of the light while the dark ring on the death card is just a shadow.

You have to bear in mind how these caps were constructed:

First, you had the dome-shaped, padded interior head protector. This was made of sponge rubber or thick felt, covered on the outside with base cloth and on the inside with oil cloth. Its bottom end consisted of two thick sponge rubber rings. The lower (i.e. the externally visible one) was covered with base cloth or thin leather.

On top of this came the actual black (or grey) cloth beret. It was removable and had an elasticated lower edge. This was placed along the groove between the two sponge rubber rings, securing the cover from slipping upwards and leaving only the lower ring visible.

Under the right lighting conditions, a lower ring covered with shiny, new leather would reflect the sunlight while the recess where the beret cover ended between the two rings would appear as a dark line.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    To be honest, I'm 99.99 % certain that what appears to be white in the above photo is simply a reflection of the light while the dark ring on the death card is just a shadow.

You have to bear in mind how these caps were constructed:

First, you had the dome-shaped, padded interior head protector. This was made of sponge rubber or thick felt, covered on the outside with base cloth and on the inside with oil cloth. Its bottom end consisted of two thick sponge rubber rings. The lower (i.e. the externally visible one) was covered with base cloth or thin leather.

On top of this came the actual black (or grey) cloth beret. It was removable and had an elasticated lower edge. This was placed along the groove between the two sponge rubber rings, securing the cover from slipping upwards and leaving only the lower ring visible.

Under the right lighting conditions, a lower ring covered with shiny, new leather would reflect the sunlight while the recess where the beret cover ended between the two rings would appear as a dark line.
    I think that is 100% correct HPL. Has to be sun reflection off the Leather padding. I do know how the Berets are constructed tho, and have been privileged enough to examine one in hand before at a Militaria Show in Richmond,VA. Although, I doubt I will ever be able to own one myself!
    I know it is not the case here, since you gave a perfectly valid answer......but what I was refering to about the white "piping" would not necessarily be impossible to apply to a beret, which was my only other guess about the light reflection. But I have never seen anything like that before, so I guess its not even worth talking about it! And I definitely agree that the Sturm-Arty man's grey beret was just shadow, after looking at it closely. Thanks for giving a material list for the Beret and I appreciate your help as always HPL.

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Bro we are no. 7 now
    I know, huh! Pretty crazy.

Here is something I didnt notice at first: The Panzer Regiment 2 man's beret has Bullion Insignia (Wreath)!