Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 157 of 365 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

The bullion insignia weren't worn by officers?
    Unless the panzer guy is not a soldat but an officer
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    The bullion insignia weren't worn by officers?
    Unless the panzer guy is not a soldat but an officer
    Yeah they normally worn by Officers.

But a member informed me that the wreath is actually White embroidered Cloth, that looks almost exactly like bullion in black and white photos. So it is actually just an embroidered wreath! Also, the eagle on the beret is an early Bevo style, that was applied later to the beret. So, like I suspected....the berets eagle must have been applied somewhere around the time the photo was taken.

Aha, thanks mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Its different w/ the berets compared to other caps tho Chris. I dont think there was ever bullion insignia on Panzer Berets. Which was why we were interested in further examining it. I believe Officers and EM wore the same insignia on the Berets. But obviously a different case for the other branches' visors/etc.
    I have seen examples of Berets from people posting them from collections that have bullion wreaths, but they always seem to have been post-war applied. It would have been cool to see bullion insignia worn on the beret in a photo tho

?

I wanted to share some new "finds" from a book I have purchased called " 9 Panzer Division - 1940-1943" by Marek Kruk. In the book he has a couple pics of the Panzer Regiment 33 Panzer IV that was KO'd by a French anti-tank Mine.

If you remember, I shared a photo of this PzIV a while back from my collection.....here it is again for reference: (plus a crappy colorization)
    ( I will then show pics I have found online and in the book of the same KO'd Pz and the 5 graves of the crew)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

From Marek's book:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

found online:

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

On June 5th (the day the tank was KO'd)..... As a part of "Kleist Gruppe", the 9th Pz Div advanced from the west side of the River Somme Bridghead near AMIENS, France. The French 16th Infantry Division was defending, and who is thought to be responsible for the KO'd Panzer IV. The 9th Pz Div was halted all day long by anti-tank mines and heavy MG fire from the French. It wasnt until the following day that the Division was able to break through the French lines. This Panzer IV was KO'd at the Bridgehead of the Somme, near Amiens 1940. May the 5-man crew Rest In Peace.

These pics are the day after the attack, showing photos of "our" tank again. Pz Regiment 33 took many casualties that day.

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

?

Bill this Panzer must have attracted the attention of many going past with cameras as there seems to be many different photos of it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Got this photo today.

Attachment 256115Attachment 256114