Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 164 of 365 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    From the side I seen a resemblance but now that you have shown other photos I believe you are 100% right not the same man can you imagine the odds of two diffrent members having a photo of the same man thousands of miles apart.

Regards Mark K
    Yes he did!
    Hehe, that would have bean cool!

Best regards from Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    For those who have WAF access, they can be seen here for now until I have them posted on WRF.
    Documentation - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Sorry for the link not working. Maybe a mod can fix it for me. You can go to "Order of Battle and Individual Research" thread and search for "Documentation"
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Ralph. Your items pertaining to your father are just incredible. I am thoroughly enjoying the link you posted and interestin to hear he was an ordnance Loader! Glad that the Wast was able to provide such details too. Im sure it doesnt always turn out that way! The portrait that Juzzy made is incredible as well! I still cant get over the portrait w/ Political cap eagle + TK on cap! He looks great in that pic. The other portrait is neat too, showing a sidecap w/out soutache. Thanks again for the great info. Its not everyday we are lucky enough to delve into the life of a Panzerman!

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Bill where do you see the unit's emblem "Yll"? I tried to find it, staring at the photo for over 5 mins but nothing. Maybe i need glasses?

Leander very nice and unusual photo

Andreas thanks for another translation on Bill's photos. Without you we would be hopeless

Rbminis when you post your father's items please give us a link. I'm really interested to see them
    Chris, the unit emblem "Yll" can be seen right in front of the jerry cans on the turret. Being able to zoom into it helps alot too, hard to see but its there! lol. And on the Panzerjager/marder, there is a unit symbol on the lower-middle part of the "turret" just above the tracks.

?

Quote by davies435 View Post
    Isn't the picture of the Pilot/crew member a reverse print off the negative?........His pilot badge and breast eagle are the wrong way around, and he's a "lefty" with the pistol too...is the picture good enough for you to be able to make out the fine details?
    I know what pic you are reffering to. Its my old portrait w/ Luft Pith helmet in wear + Mauser auto-pistol. It indeed was a reverse print. I just sold it recently too

LEANDER- close call on the portraits.....but I have to agree w/ you!

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    From the side I seen a resemblance but now that you have shown other photos I believe you are 100% right not the same man can you imagine the odds of two diffrent members having a photo of the same man thousands of miles apart.

Regards Mark K
    Mark that is possible, i assure you. Indeed the odds seem to be very low but things happen. Especially in this thread we have seen ''weird'' stuff.
    Bill has found in the internet, a photo of a panzerjager that he already has on a another one. Imagine that.
    Also, i have a photo showing a knocked out tank in France whilst Andreas has a photo showing the exact same place, the same period of time from another angle That was really odd
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Chris, the unit emblem "Yll" can be seen right in front of the jerry cans on the turret. Being able to zoom into it helps alot too, hard to see but its there! lol. And on the Panzerjager/marder, there is a unit symbol on the lower-middle part of the "turret" just above the tracks.
    Bro i saw something in front of the jerrycans but honestly i can 't make it out. Having the photo in hands and using an eye loop would help a lot i believe.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Panzer I w/ hatch open!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Bro i saw something in front of the jerrycans but honestly i can 't make it out. Having the photo in hands and using an eye loop would help a lot i believe.
    haha. You can see the Y in the scan....but only in hand or zoom the "ll" are visible. Luckily it had been ID'ed as 9th Pz div before me, or else I would have been second guessing myself!

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Ralph. Your items pertaining to your father are just incredible. I am thoroughly enjoying the link you posted and interestin to hear he was an ordnance Loader! Glad that the Wast was able to provide such details too. Im sure it doesnt always turn out that way! The portrait that Juzzy made is incredible as well! I still cant get over the portrait w/ Political cap eagle + TK on cap! He looks great in that pic. The other portrait is neat too, showing a sidecap w/out soutache. Thanks again for the great info. Its not everyday we are lucky enough to delve into the life of a Panzerman!
    Thank you Bill! I just wish I had more interest when I was younger and that he had saved more of his paperwork etc. This is the reason that I use the signature that I do, always hoping that something will show up. Due to the fact that he was in the 16th Panzer Div., and the agreement that the U.S. had with Russia, I believe that he probably threw his soldbuch away. He ended up being one of the few from the 16th that became a U.S. POW. He once told me that he and his comrades were well aware that there was a policy concerning anyone wearing black uniforms, shoot first, ask questions later. He told me that if your tank was destroyed and you were fighting on foot, you threw your panzer uniform away and found a regular uniform to wear.
    Thank you so much for spending your time coloring my photos,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Love that drumkit! (The band name appears to be "Kapelle Sandsturm", i.e. "The Sandstorm Band".)
    I had until recently thought it meant sandstorm chapel, but was corrected recently. A couple more pics from the same unit on R&R.

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.