Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 193 of 365 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Bill you scored well mate.
    Nice pz pics as usual, plus KM photos this time. I like especially the Küsten Artillerie photo; those are more rare to find.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Excellent portrait Ralf.
    Sad this young fella died so young.
    Can you give a translation of the reverse?
    Chris, I had this translated on another forum earlier. This is what it says.

"Meiner lieben Klara zum Andenken an meine Rekrutenzeit. - Dedicated to my dear Klara in memory of my recruit time
    Warschau, 20.3.42
    Albert"

gefallen am 20. Sept 1942 - KIA 20.9.42

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Yeah Paul, he certainly has "the swagger" for sure. And here we have a tired Soldat! geared up with Shovel, K98, and canteen! Fatigue at its best
    Nice one Bill!
    Can you read what the cyphers on his shoulder boards say?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here are some more of my family photos. This is my Opa and with his unit. He was a surveyor with the artillary.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Chris, I had this translated on another forum earlier. This is what it says.

"Meiner lieben Klara zum Andenken an meine Rekrutenzeit. - Dedicated to my dear Klara in memory of my recruit time
    Warschau, 20.3.42
    Albert"

gefallen am 20. Sept 1942 - KIA 20.9.42

Ralph.
    Thanks for the reply mate.
    So your grandpa fought to ha?
    You have lots of photos from your family.
    That's very interesting. Keep them coming mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Here is an awesome late-war photo of a man from a Sturm-Artillerie unit, wearing a killer Camo Feldmutze, Drivers badge, and what I think is a Heeres-Flak E-Messer Badge!

Heeres-Flak E-messer arm badge - (Anti-Aircraft Range-taker) - Introduced in May of 1944
    Very cool, Bill! I love that the insignia is applied on the camo cap! That shows those out there they DID use these as some people tried to claim they never did. Photo evidence!
    Also Bill, I'll try to re-scan that General photo when I get the chance.Thanks.
    ~Dean

Hi Paul, your photo collection just keeps getting better and better. One of these years before you decide to retire--im visiting the U.K. and need to see your stuff in person mate ;-))

These are my favorite pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    If it's red hair Bill he looks more like a Celt than an Aryan !!
    HAHA I know it! But it really is what I see. I first thought it to be a brown color, but it sure looks to be red when looking at all of the other pics of him next to other brown-haired komrades. I keep buying photos of him, hoping I will find out his unit from writing on the back or shoulder boards....but to no avail.

Chris, I knew you'd like the KM ones!

Ralph, some more awesome pics of your family. Always interesting to see. And the sleeping soldat pic---- (good eye) his cyphers look like Lettering instead of numbers, I will have to take a better look

Consone- Nice pics and welcome to the thread

Dean- good to see you, and it would be great to have your General pic added here

?

Here is an awesome 9 Panzer Division photo I just luckily got. KC holders and Generals (some soon to be Generals) From left to Right.....

(1) General Lt & Kommander Alfred Ritter Von Hubicki (KC), (2) Major Wilhelm Schmalz (KC), (3) Generalmajor Hanns-Horst von Necker (KC), and (5) Major Walter Gorn (KC)

Im guessing this photo was taken in early to mid 1941 when all of these gentlemen were still part of 9 Pz Div. I was also guessing this might have very well been the day that Hubicki and Gorn both got there KC's ?? Surely a possibility since to my knowledge they recieved it the same day.