Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 196 of 365 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Consone, I have seen that Panzer portrait before and liked it. Not too common to see the Wrap actually fully buttoned up for a portrait.

Paul, another interesting pic. I would love to see more Narva-related photos!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

[QUOTE=Panzer1031;455204]Consone, I have seen that Panzer portrait before and liked it. Not too common to see the Wrap actually fully buttoned up for a portrait.

Thats exactly why I bought it

?

I liked this photo as it showed a "Stalins Organ" KO'd with rocket still intact, also a T-34.

On the reverse....I need some help translating the location stated in the writing. I got "Uzensk". I cannot find this on my map of Russia. Online I found "Uzinsk", but it seems much too far Southwest to be probable. I think I must be reading it wrong, or have found the wrong location online. Any help would be great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Use of French Somua S-35's in WH service! Looks like a parade or unit ceremony. Looks like one tank has a "K" for Gruppe Kleist -France.

Anyone recognize the building?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

DKiG in wear. The Panzer officer looks familiar..... (killer cap too)
    Anyone recognize the DK winner?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Nice pics mate.
    Stalin's organ lol. Indeed that's how they were called.
    Oh and also Katyusha.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Anyone recognize the building?
    Le Grand Palais, France.

Very nice photos, Bill! Thanks for showing.

Regards

On the reverse....I need some help translating the location stated in the writing. I got "Uzensk". I cannot find this on my map of Russia. Online I found "Uzinsk", but it seems much too far Southwest to be probable. I think I must be reading it wrong, or have found the wrong location online. Any help would be great!
    I'd say it says "Mzensk". (See: Mzensk )

?

I liked this photo as it showed a "Stalins Organ" KO'd with rocket still intact, also a T-34.

Bill i think it is Mzensk which was on the Cenral front !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Aha! Mtsensk! It is spelled differently than I have seen it before. HPL & Paul- Thank You very much. Its hard for me to read these writings correctly sometimes.
    I just read something (after looking it up) from Guderians book about the fighting of the 4th Pz Division around Mtsensk on there way to Tula. They were hit pretty hard by constant T-34 attacks there. This photo must have been taken after the battles in that area.

Chris- Ive always liked that nickname rather than katyusha. A decent weapon for sure!

Ingrid- Thank you for the ID, much appreciated.