Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 365 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938
    7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP.
    The wood grip lead me to lean that way. He looks like he just found it and is playing around or someone outside the frame of your picture
    had a very bad day.

Anyway all this is fun. thanks,
    Rudy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

haha I know, I was wondering myself what the heck he was doing? Probly just killing time with his new pistol? I really have no clue what pistol it is tho, you would know better than me!

Adrian, it very well could be a regular Pilots badge. Even though the photo is a postcard size..... it isnt very sharp/clear. My first assesment was Glider badge, but I even second guessed myself to be honest.....thats why I scanned a close up. I will try and post a better close-up shot, but I still think you are correct about it being a pilots badge. Thanks! (def weird its reversed too!) Its on "Ferrania" period paper tho.

What about the other one with the man who looks to be in a paratrooper unifrom?? Do you think its just a Luftwaffe Crew member uniform? He seems to be wearing an Air-gunner badge. And, is that an Italian air force member? (he has stars on his collar)

?

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Nice to look at your/everyones pictures.
    #10 looks like a PPK in his hand. I really love those little things.
    Yes Rudolf i agree PPk

Greg

?

ahhh! I cant figure it out. ha. The image is absolutely terrible. Its too bad too, cuz it woulda been a cool photo. But I am content in calling it a Pilots badge even tho we cant see crap! haha
    Sorry guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 
    Last edited by Bill T; 03-25-2011 at 10:34 PM.

?

Rudolf, here is the HSC DA auto pistole. Thanks for the info. Im going with this one. But again, the photo is horribly detailed, so who knows? lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Bill you have good photos. I really like post 5 with the stugs that one killer, also i like the zeltbahn one in post 6. Like that look of the zeltbahn.

Post couple of mine tomorrow.

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    What about the other one with the man who looks to be in a paratrooper unifrom?? Do you think its just a Luftwaffe Crew member uniform? He seems to be wearing an Air-gunner badge. And, is that an Italian air force member? (he has stars on his collar)
    My guess would be Luftwaffe flight crew and as, you say with an Air Gunner badge, can't quite see if it has lightening bolts. The other guy I have no idea on, Romainian, Italian, Yugoslav, Bulgarian? Hopefully someone will be able to identify the uniform.
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-25-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Correct, Italian.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you-Both Adrians!

Adrian- I figured it was an air gunners badge by the way the wings are etc. The uniform almost looked para to me, thats the reason I asked. Thanks alot!

Ade- Thanks for the Italian ID. I thought so from the stars etc, but wasnt positive at all.

Thanks for everyones help and input.

Franz....would love for you to post some of your photos! Im hoping others will join in when they get new photos too!

Here are few of my newest. One was a gift. Not as good as the stug, but these do

Page 2 of 365 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast