Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 229 of 365 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 239 279 329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

These are the backs of two of them. One reads "Mother with her (?)" June 5th, 1941.

Can someone read the other one?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Here are the rest! I love the ones of him in his class. The charts are very interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

This is the back of the one with his buddies and the guy in the KM sports shirt. I have no idea what this means. "As much as possible?"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Got the portrait man, but i can't get a descent photo of it. My face is reflecting coz of the glass and i can only shoot from this angle.
    It isn't helping for the colorization project.
    Damn Chris. I could probly work with that tho! I will see if I can maybe rework the photo a bit to take the glare out.

OB- Great pics! The only thing I can read on the sign is "battalion II" and what looks like "Orel", but I could be wrong

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Guys Awesome photos posted here lately! Sorry for my absence, unfortunately been having some troubles outside of the hobby lately! Welcome to the new posters here as well.

Here are some from a while ago that just came in:

I believe its a sdKfz 231 8-RAD usually used by aufklarungs abteilungs
    Well first of all..WOW! You guys keep coming up with some great pictures. i especially like the RAD shots with the "robin hood" cap in wear. Hey Bill, it looks like the same vehicle I posted earlier!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

I love Bill's photo because it is the best period photo of such a helmet I have ever seen.
    Not to be a stickler Mo , but I posted the photo of the helmet. Not that Bill hasn't posted some of the best photos on this forum! Just to be clear, though.Thanks.
    ~Dean

These are the backs of two of them. One reads "Mother with her (?)" June 5th, 1941.

Can someone read the other one?

Thanks,
    Mo
    It's Mommy and her sailor. [= Matrose]

As for the other one, I can't quite make out the (abbreviated) first word, but the rest says:

"[...] Bild von mir
    beim Dingisegeln
    Abzug bitte!
    "

...i.e.:

"[...] picture of me
    sailing a dinghy
    Print, please!
    "

Can anyone make out the sign in his barracks? It tells his unit but I can't see it well enough.
    Actually, I am fairly sure that this photograph was not taken at a military barracks, but in a hospital and that the sign has nothing to do with units, but with hospital departments:

I can't make out all the words out, either, but it says "Abteilung [...]" in the first line "[...]-ologische Abteilung" in the second one and "[...] Zimmer 326 - 343" in the third one.

While "Abteilung" can mean "detachment"/"battalion" in a military context, it also simply means "department" and the "-ological department" would fit in well with a medical facility, but the really important fact is that the men are all wearing the military-issue hospital patients' garb. [Krankenanzug]

Here's another example of the military hospital patients' uniform in wear. The photo is dated 1933, so these Reichswehr men are not war-wounded, but suffering from peacetime illnesses/injuries:
    New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thank you very much Andreas. Since this man was in the Kriegsmarine, perhaps he was at a hospital close to the shore? I wish I knew more about this man.

Could you please translate the writing on the photo in post #2283?