Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 230 of 365 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 240 280 330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Could you please translate the writing on the photo in post #2283?
    You already did: As much as possible. (although, oddly, "möglich" is misspelled as "moglich".) Just what it refers to, who knows...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Hey Bill, it looks like the same vehicle I posted earlier!
    Dean I think youre right. The bar locations are slightly different, but they look very similar otherwise. I like the image of the T-35 in the ditch u posted too

?

Well, I normally dont collect these sterbebilder, but wanted to show a few from my collection which I thought were neat, but also sad.

Up First.....Obergefreiter Johann Meier, a Medic (sanitater) in a Pz. Grenadier Regiment.
    He was born in Bronfelden?, Spiegelau. Died in the defensive battles in the east on Saturday Oktober 16,1943 at 36 yrs old. (he doesnt look 36, or maybe I translated wrong?)

Shown wearing his Grey Wrap, most likely taken on the day he recieved his EKII
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Next is Unteroffizier Erich Lindner, sadly only 20 years old when he was KIA during an attack Northeast of Starkawa, Russia on August 4, 1944.
    The thing that is neat about this one, is that I can read his #ed shoulderboards.......he was from Panzer Regiment 35.

(listed on his awards, it says EKII, and "Kl" ....does that mean he was awrded the 1st class EK as well?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

This is the most interesting and sad one in my collection.

Hans Kraus from Waldmunchen, Bavaria. An Obergefreiter in a Panzer Grenadier Regiment.
    He was involved in the fighting on the East Front and was severely wounded on July 15, 1944. He was sent to a military hospital in Breslau, and died on August 21, 1944. He was only 23 years old when he passed.

He was awarded the EKII, Ost medal, Panzerkampf Abzeichen, wound badge, and the Nahkampfspange (close combat clasp)! It is written that he had died a patriotic/heroic death for fuhrer and fatehrland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    (listed on his awards, it says EKII, and "Kl" ....does that mean he was awrded the 1st class EK as well?)
    No, Bill. EK II. Kl. is the abbreviation for Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse and means "Iron Cross 2nd Class".

He was born in Bronfelden?, Spiegelau. Died in the defensive battles in the east on Saturday Oktober 16,1943 at 36 yrs old. (he doesnt look 36, or maybe I translated wrong?
    It's Pronfelden, near Spiegelau. (That's in Lower Bavaria, in the Bavarian Forest area.) Im 36. Lebensj. [= Lebensjahr] means "in the 36th year of his life".

?

For mr. Consonecollector

Dear Consonecollector I am Allowed to process your negative. Here is the result.

Original negativ:

Adapted to the format jpg.:

Last edited by Boci55; 02-24-2012 at 03:00 PM.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No, Bill. EK II. Kl. is the abbreviation for Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse and means "Iron Cross 2nd Class".

It's Pronfelden, near Spiegelau. (That's in Lower Bavaria, in the Bavarian Forest area.) Im 36. Lebensj. [= Lebensjahr] means "in the 36th year of his life".
    Thank you Andreas. I just thought it was odd that they put a comma after it, like: "EKII, Kl". It almost makes it look like something seperate. None of my other Sterbebild have this for either klasse of the EK. And yes, I of course knew that EKII means Eisernes Kruez 2nd class, but the way it was written made it unclear to me. Also, thank you for the clarification of Pronfelden....much appreciated.

One other question I had, was on the Erich Lindner card, under his name. "Von Furth Im Wald"......from ____in the forest? What does "Furth" translate to? Thanks for any help HPL, youre the man

?

A man from Panzer Abteilung 65, which was part of Kempf's 1. Leichte Division (later 6 Panzer Divison). The well known Panzer Ace and KC w/ oaks + swords winner, Oberst Franz Bake was a company commander of 3./Pz.-Abt 65 at one point.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

One other question I had, was on the Erich Lindner card, under his name. "Von Furth Im Wald"......from ____in the forest? What does "Furth" translate to?
    Furth im Wald was his hometown. It's located between the Oberpfälzer Wald [Upper Palatinate Forest] area and the neighboring Bayerischer Wald [Bavarian Forest] area.

By the way, Furth im Wald is in the Cham county, same as Waldmünchen, the home of Obergefreiter Kraus from your other death card in post # 2295.

Furth im Wald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Stadt Furth im Wald - Startseite

PS - A bit of trivia/local humor: Where I come from, Furth im Wald is sometimes jokingly referred to as "Furth im Busch" [Furth-in-the-bushes].
    Last edited by HPL2008; 02-24-2012 at 09:58 PM.