Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 241 of 365 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 251 291 341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

This is Josef Ackermann, a Feldwebel and Zugfuhrer (platoon leader) from Infanterie Regiment 95, from the 17th Infanterie Division. He was killed in 1941 in Gorodi-Schischje, Russia. His Grave is 40 km north of Rschew

The 17th Infanterie Division is well known for there war crimes during the Invasion of Poland. They were found to have burned civilians alive, and even killing s 1.5 year old baby with a rifle butt. They fought alongside LSSAH, who was infamous for burning down villages. Hopefully Josef was not involved in any of these acts. RIP

He was awarded the IAB, EKII, and Shutzenschnur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I like his 'blitz', do you suppose that might be a custom made one? It looks raised and very high-quality.

And yes, I've got insomnia issues like a 90 year old woman.
    haha me too.....thats great! I frequently get yelled at by my fiance to: "turn the TV down, it's 3:30 am!!"

And I would agree. His blitz patch and even the chevron look raised....or something. But the blitz definitely stands out

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    What does the back read?
    The first says "Major" followed by the name. (Stiggelli?) The second one says "Vereidigung" = "swearing in"

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The first says "Major" followed by the name. (Stiggelli?) The second one says "Vereidigung" = "swearing in"
    Thank you HPL2008; Your a great resource on this forum! I have a few other photos that could use translating but I'll have to find the time to scan them!

Well,

This member of the SS was happy for a day... maybe.
    I'm guessing this is for a anniversary? Translation?

Thanks
    Schuh
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    This member of the SS was happy for a day... maybe.
    I'm guessing this is for a anniversary? Translation?
    "As a memory of Hans and Lieselotte. 16 Oct. 1943"

Clearly their wedding photo as presented to some friends or relatives. The groom is an Unterscharführer of the Totenkopfdivision who had participated in the Russian Campaign; possibly a survivor of the Demjansk pocket.

Note his "Death's Head" collar patch and Oberbayern cuff title as well as his decorations. (EK2 and Ostmedaille ribbons, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen and Verwundetenabzeichen)

Thank you! I found this to be a very "interesting" photo when I picked it up. Well, Its a bummer that it would be impossible to find out more about him.

I really like the pictures in 2392 Bill. I love battle pictures but I enjoy pictures of the soldiers hanging out just as much!

?

ND Great SS TK portrait! Andreas is right, he would be a very lucky man to have made it out of the Demjansk Pocket. If he was transferred to France, Im sure it would have been a breeze for him tho, compared to the hellish times in the pocket.

AK, I agree....its nice to see that side of war too.

Here are some KM officers. Uboat Badge and others
    Names written on reverse. Admirals?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Here is a cool photo of 8. Panzer Division in July of 1941 during Operation Barbarossa.
    GFM Erich Von Manstein (LVI Armeekorps) (left)
    General der Panzertruppen Erich Brandenberger (center) - kmmdr 8. Pz Dv.
    Future General Lt. Wilhelm Crisolli (right) - 8. Schutz Rgt

This date puts the 8th Panzer Division very close to this situation:

"The 10th Mechanized Corps engaged the 8th Panzer Division on 13 July 1941 along with the 177th Rifle Division isolating 8th Panzer from its neighbouring divisions for several days around Dno & costing it 70 of its 150 tanks destroyed or damaged."

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share