Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 246 of 365 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 256 296 346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Too bad these didnt have more info on them. But I think the destruction was the work of the 4th Panzer Division/Pz Reg 35, sometime at the end of October. Do you think that part of the Division would have have stayed in the area until November 11th after they were able to take Mzensk on October 25th? Or do you think the men in the photo are probably from a different unit that was trailing?
    Sorry; I don't know. (Unit histories/troop movements are not my strong point.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

An ordinary photo of a young soldier taken in France in 1940 but research reveals this is Hans Ulrich von Seydlitz-Kurzbach born 12/9/1921 and Killed in action 27/3/1943 at Staraya Russa near the Ilmensee . He was a Wachtmeister and Artillery Forward observer and member of the well known von Seydlitz-Kurzbach family
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post

An ordinary photo of a young soldier taken in France in 1940 but research reveals this is Hans Ulrich von Seydlitz-Kurzbach born 12/9/1921 and Killed in action 27/3/1943 at Staraya Russa near the Ilmensee . He was a Wachtmeister and Artillery Forward observer and member of the well known von Seydlitz-Kurzbach family
    Do you know what unit he was in? My favorite German divison, the 5. Jaegers were at Staraja Russa at that time.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Do you know what unit he was in? My favorite German divison, the 5. Jaegers were at Staraja Russa at that time.
    Unfortunately i haven't been able to ascertain that yet Mo !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Hi,
    The KC Holders from 9.Pz.Div. with General Hubicki (page 208 -posts 2075 and 2078) are Franz-Joseph Kohout, Walter Gorn, Hubicki and Wilhelm Schmalz.

Cheers,
    Lado

?

Quote by LS1969 View Post
    Hi,
    The KC Holders from 9.Pz.Div. with General Hubicki (page 208 -posts 2075 and 2078) are Franz-Joseph Kohout, Walter Gorn, Hubicki and Wilhelm Schmalz.

Cheers,
    Lado
    Hi Lado,
    Yes, You are correct. Shown from left to right is: Hubicki, ObrstLt Schmalz, ObrstLT Von Necker, Walter Gorn, + Oberst Siebert. All of which would sooner or later be commanders in 9. Panzer Division. The photo was taken on "Farewell Day" for General Hubicki in April of 1941 @ Division HQ.

I was surprised to find out (after acquiring the photo), that 3 other photos are known from that day, and can be seen in Carl Hans Hermann's book "Die 9. Panzer Division" on page 100.

?

HPL thanks for a response to my question.

PAUL- Outstanding but sad photo! I wonder if we can figure out where he stood (son, nephew,etc) in the Seydlitz-Kurzbach family? Its pretty amazing that General Seydlitz-Kurzbach survived Stalingrad, even after capture

?

I need to correct my posts from the "Panzer Aufklarungs Abt 7" photo series last week. They are actually from Panzer Nachrichten-Abt 39 of 3rd Panzer Div.

This man eventually served in Panzer Aufklarungs Abt 7, and was bought around the same time as the other grouping....sorry for the confusion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Two more items from my collection:

Hindenburg reviewing soldiers on the front. Got this one on eBay for about $10. The soldiers on the right are not wearing the German pickelhaube or stahlhelm. Could these be Austrian soldiers?

This is a document I also found on eBay. It relates to disarmament after the Franco-Prussian War. Are there any German speakers here who could translate it for me?

?

Not sure this is the right section for your photos Alon !!

1st July 1916