Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 252 of 365 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 262 302 352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Some nice shots Chris , must admit i'm not sure what the Panzer is !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Can anyone identify the panzer?
    On the reverse i can make out again the location's name Grevena.
    I'm pretty certain that turret isn't German, so I'm guessing it's an Italian tank taken over by the Germans when the eyeties capitulated in mid '43. My guess it's an Ansaldo-Fiat P.26/40. Around 1200 of these were built and we're Italy's only operational heavy tank. Some served in Greece with both the axis powers until the Germans got the Spanish archer in Autumn'44.

Here's a diagram of one for comparison, I also think the turret may have been traversed almost fully rearward in the photo.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A photo for comparison.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm pretty certain that turret isn't German, so I'm guessing it's an Italian tank taken over by the Germans when the eyeties capitulated in mid '43. My guess it's an Ansaldo-Fiat P.26/40. Around 1200 of these were built and we're Italy's only operational heavy tank. Some served in Greece with both the axis powers until the Germans got the Spanish archer in Autumn'44.

Here's a diagram of one for comparison, I also think the turret may have been traversed almost fully rearward in the photo.

Regards, Ned.
    I agree about the tank, but given the date of 1941 I would guess that it is more likely a tank the Italians left in Greece earlier that year? I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I agree about the tank, but given the date of 1941 I would guess that it is more likely a tank the Italians left in Greece earlier that year? I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Hi Mo,

The tank in question was in service in '41, but remember that the Germans seized all Italian equipment in '43 when the Italians capitulated. I'm not saying I'm right on the I.D., but it's very close I think. Besides it would be under Italian command in '41 but the two countries served side by side in the field at that time. Just my opinion.

Regards, Ned.

I reckon a British MkI Cruiser tank. Look at the steped rear lower edge on the turret?

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I reckon a British MkI Cruiser tank. Look at the steped rear lower edge on the turret?

Cheers, Ade.
    Blimey, I think that's it! Sorry folks for wasting bandwidth, I need to lie down now....

Regardzzzz....Ned.

Actually Ned, the Italian tank was a new one on me. So educational none the less.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the translation Andreas, Ade for the identification of the tank and Ned for trying. That Italian tank looks similar.
    What i understood by Andrea's translation is that the number 41 represents the regiment not the date.
    I.e 3rd company of Pioneers, Reg. 41.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

It is more likely to be 3 / Pi Btl 41 rather than Regiment !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings