Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 260 of 365 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hi Paul, the search engine still helps though, even with a thread like this which has so many pages.
    For example i typed ''Deutsche Kreuz in Gold photos'' in the ''search'' box and it gave me many results including this thread. When i clicked on it, i was directed to page 196 were Bill had posted a photo with an officer wearing this decoration.
    But as you suggested it could be easier to make new threads, i don't know
    It's only a suggestion that if members want their more unique and interesting photos to stand out from the crowd it might be worth posting them in seperate threads !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Forgot to mention for those who want to post photos relating to the Ostfront only there is also the seperate section for those photos
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    It's only a suggestion that if members want their more unique and interesting photos to stand out from the crowd it might be worth posting them in seperate threads !!
    I do agree that this thread has gotten HUGE! Theres no doubt that very few people will actually take the time to look through all 260 pages. Of course we all have worked very hard on this thread, and all of us have contributed some fantastic photos and information! No one cant deny that! But.....as Paul has pretty much pointed out.....some of the more historically important photos have been "lost" or "drowned" out. I do believe that if some of us were able to create specific threads with particulr subjects.....such as "Panzer photos", "Unit ID'ed Photos", Army photos, etc etc.....that veiwers would be able to look at the photos that they want to see. This would create an organized photos forum, that will benefit us alll, rather than having 260+ pages of mixed together images. I think alot of us will have to re-post alot of our important photos in the correct sub-forums....but it will all work out in the long run. Then we can have say 10 different amazing threads instead of one mixed together thread!
    Opinions and veiws are more than welcome, but I really look forward to trying to do this. We have created freindships in this thread, and I hope that we can continue them by coming up with a more organized and historical way of presenting our photos!

My latest pick ups.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Last edited by Kevin Grootaers; 04-30-2012 at 12:22 PM.

So what will happen now? Is the thread going to be closed or we can continue posting here plus we can also make individual threads as well, focusing on specific subjects?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I would be devastated if this thread were to close. I dont post here that much mind you, but I used to alot. I bet this will top the most viewed thread before we can say "New photo Pick-ups - Please Share".
    There must be a thread for new photos like this one, but posting new threads for photos is somthing we should do aswell.

My two cents.

Cheers, Pat

?

Guys at the moment i don't intend to close this thread at the moment but i do hope that people will start to post new threads which will be easier to access.

If the motivation behind continuing to post photos in this thread is to make this the top most viewed thread on the forum then that is a bit concerning as i feel that we will only get quantity over quality , to be honest that has been the case to a certain extent already and is probably one of the main reasons that this thread has become an out of control monster and for me that isn't the reason that i post my photo collection!! I know that this isn't the reason the thread was started by Bill !!

Anyone is free to post whatever photos they want in whatever thread they want but from my point of view i want to see quality and historically interesting period photos which i can use as a reference if necessary, unfortuantely many photos in that category have been lost in the 260 pages !!
    Last edited by Paul D; 05-03-2012 at 08:00 AM.

1st July 1916

?

I was just remarking how popular this thread is by the amount of attention it is gathering, It is remarkable that this is on the top viewed thread in just a year. I know that that was not Bill's intention of course. And I did not mean anything bad by it.

Cheers, Pat

?

So guys, what are your thoughts??? If we were to create some new specific photo threads.....what are the main subjects of interest that we (and the entire forum) could use and learn from??? I have thought of a few....and would love to hear some ideas:

(keep in mind, try to keep them a bit broad as to where we wont have to make 100 different threads)

Ideas:
    * "Panzertruppe & Amoured Vehicles"
    * " ID'ed Units & Unit Symbols " ( such as vehicles with unit symbols or any photo/s that are unit ID'ed - portraits w/ #'ed shoulderboards)
    * " ID'ed Locations or Battles" (example: "Photo taken in Amiens France 1940" or "Dunkirk" or "Kiev", etc etc)
    * " Badges in wear portraits/photos"
    * " Knights Cross & Deutsche Kreuz in Gold holders"
    * " Non-regulation-Uniform Variants- or uncommon gear in use/wear"
    * "Average Wehrmacht/other Photos"

Any suggestions?

perhaps group portraits, individual portraits, photos featuring vehicles, press photos and as suggested... higher grade awards in wear... categories like this.

keeping them simple and well delineated is best i would imagine so posts don't end up being moved frequently.

but i think it's a good idea to separate things out a little.

as a new member i see some really outstanding photos in this group and the presentation is a little unwieldy especially for someone who is starting recently here. these pictures deserve to shine and easy access will afford that opportunity.

thanks to all who have posted here. i really am enjoying going through the pages.

edit: it is a great point made by Paul that these photos are important to collectors of photos such as myself who like to see them for reference but it's difficult to derive any utility in that regard as the thread is in it's current size.

maybe someone could simply create the categories and open the threads and we can get to work on populating them. perhaps even members who have already posted photos here can repost in the new threads as a way to give some of these great examples a newer prominence?